Can't check out MOODLE_18_STABLE in Eclipse

Can't check out MOODLE_18_STABLE in Eclipse

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi all Eclipse users!

By following Tim Hunt's instructions I have managed to check out into my Eclipse projects the following Moodle distributions: HEAD (1.9DEV); MOODLE_STABLE_16 and MOODLE_STABLE_17. However, MOODLE_STABLE_18 does not appear in the Branches list in Eclipse, while it is available through Tortoise CVS which I use on Windows. Why is that?

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Can't check out MOODLE_18_STABLE in Eclipse

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The branch name should be MOODLE_18_STABLE, and I don't have any problem accessing it. Have you tried the 'refresh tags' button?

By the way, thank you for you various corrections and clarifications to my instructions.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tim,

On the Select Module window I select Moodle, and on the Select Tag window I do not see MOODLE_18_STABLE. I am using my SourceForge password and an :extssh connexion. I have tried both moodle.cvs.sourceforge.net and cvs.moodle.org as hosts, the result is the same, see attached screenshot. Oh, and I have clicked the 'refresh tags' button.

Any idea?

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't have any great ideas. The only thing I can think of is what if you manually type the branch name?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
No, it does not work. Typing MOODLE_18_STABLE in the Select a tag box in fact downloads HEAD (i.e. 1.9dev).
Never mind,
Joseph

by Joseph Rézeau -
Bump.
Anyone else using Eclipse managed or did not manage to view MOODLE_18_STABLE in their CVS tag box? Just curious to know...
Joseph

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Well, I did have it. But when I hit refresh tags, it disappeared. It doesn't seem to want to come back either.

Tim - if you hit refresh tags, does your MOODLE_18_STABLE stay?

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Joseph Rézeau -
Mike and Tim,
Thanks for the great tip. I wasn't "seeing ghosts", after all.wink
Joseph