Moodle logos in hi-res

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 12
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Moodle logos in hi-res

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
No problems at all!
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

In reply to Deleted user

by Steve Bilton -
Hello Alan,

This sounds very interesting. Mainly because my partner is profoundly deaf and yet very academic. She has a cochlear implant and is well on her way of achieving a grade of 'distinction' in her chosen degree of English and History combined in one of the top 5 universities in our country with the intention of completing an MA in Business, which she is very capable of achieving the highest of marks also.

Knowing and having many deaf friends going though learning establishments it is clear that most find some forms of learning much more difficult than an unaffected person. However i am sure that the nature of Moodles' elearning delivery has great benefits for people that find traditional learning mediums difficult.

I would be very interested in your presentation and would like to bring it to the attention of my partner. She is also an accomplished reporter/article writer with a number of reviews and reports in local newspapers, magazines etc etc. She has great contact and influence with many organisations/associations that deal with the interests of deaf people.

I would like to see Moodle help as many people as possible and awareness of Moodles capabilities is a 'must have'. Hopefully my partner can help spread the news....

Looking forward to your reply and very appreciative if you could send me some details info on what you have produced thus far.

Steve
In reply to Steve Bilton

In reply to Deleted user

by Steve Bilton -
Hi Alan,

I'd be very interested in any further developments or experiences you have with the topic. I've been trying to convert my 'gal to using more and more electronic means of study, but she's a hard cookie to crumble and more of a paper and pen lover. Although i'm very sure she too will be very interested in any positive responses or news you can provide. As i mentioned she will be likely to use any interesting facts in her published works, anything that pushes Moodles' benefits can only be a good thing!

If you have any documents of relevance you may want to share with me, that would be fantastic!

Cheers Alan
In reply to Steve Bilton

In reply to Deleted user

by Steve Bilton -
Hello Alan,

I have an email response from my Partner (we live in different cities).

Her repose below:-

Hey Stevie,

That does look interesting, but I'd need to know more about it. I am friends with somebody who works in the Pyschology dept at York uni. She works with and performs experiments with young children, looking at hearing with cochlear implants, and how speech, development and education are affected. I'd like to know more!

-------
I will point out the link to your website, i did send it but i think she overlooked it.

The problem here is that she is quite unfamiliar with Moodle itself and just exactly what it can provide.

"The result was that several institutions expressed real interest (quote "That's just what we need!) and took away info and download details. A great feeling at the end of the day.

Any chance of a forum area for putting together a downloadable "promo" pack? Guides, explanations and logos etc.. I'm sure people would willingly share their materials and success stories."

Would it be possible to get the info and details you gave out at the event so i can pass this on to others.

I am also pretty sure that York University also uses Moodle, so i'm pretty sure that you both organisations would be able to collaborate very well indeed.

Thanks again Alan

In reply to Steve Bilton

Re: Moodle logos in hi-res - PARTNER LOGO

by Tara McGivern -

Hi There Martin,

I am with Enovation Soltuions - your Moodle Partner in Ireland. In fact David and Gary are at the UK Moot this week.

I was wondering - do you have a high res Partner Logo. I have one version but it is too low res to put in an ad.

Regards

Tara