Any Need For The CHANGES File?

Any Need For The CHANGES File?

per Bryce Thornton -
Nombre de respostes: 8
This is just me being nit-picky, but is there any reason that the CHANGES file still exists in the root Moodle directory? Moodle Docs & CVS do a great job of documenting changes from release to release. The file doesn't seem to have been updated for a few years now.

Thanks,
Bryce
Mitjana de qualificacions: -
En resposta a Bryce Thornton

Re: Any Need For The CHANGES File?

per Joseph Rézeau -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Plugin developers Imatge Testers Imatge Translators
I second that and vote for the removing of that useless file from all current Moodle distributions.
Joseph
En resposta a Joseph Rézeau

per Séverin Terrier -
Imatge Documentation writers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Testers Imatge Translators
I was about to say my +1 for that, but i've verified, and i only find the CHANGES file in an old Moodle 1.5 distribution, and not in the others i have on my server (1.6.x+, 1.7.x+, 1.8.x+, 1.9 dev) Complicitat

There is a README.txt file in all distributions, but i think this one must stay Somrient
En resposta a Séverin Terrier

per Bryce Thornton -
Hmm. I think it's still there. Take a look at the CVS trunk.
En resposta a Bryce Thornton

per Séverin Terrier -
Imatge Documentation writers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Testers Imatge Translators
I can't help with CVS (i don't use it), but with the moodle-latest-xx.tgz, the CHANGES file isn't there...
En resposta a Séverin Terrier

per koen roggemans -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Documentation writers Imatge Moodle HQ Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Plugin developers Imatge Translators
... but it is in a clean CVS download of HEAD.
It should not be there.
En resposta a koen roggemans

per Wen Hao Chuang -
So.. could Martin or anyone remove it? I have to say that I second to remove the CHANGES from the CVS trunk, however, I did find the following link useful (but it is not sync with the CHANGES in CVS, although they share the same filename):

http://download.moodle.org/stable18/CHANGES

This link could always give me a quick idea what recent changes were committed into the core. Maybe the key is to make the CHANGES file sync with that file (link)?
En resposta a Wen Hao Chuang

per Martin Dougiamas -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Documentation writers Imatge Moodle HQ Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Plugin developers Imatge Testers
Yes, this one is generated daily. The one in CVS is not updated anymore - I've removed it now. Somrient