Disable Comments still enabled

Disable Comments still enabled

by scott waldman -
Number of replies: 3
I have created a secondary glossary type in moodle 1.8. I have set it so students can not comment on a term. However logging in as two sample students I am able to add comments. What gives? I have also checked the global glossary settings in the admin panel and it says no for student added comments. What gives?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to scott waldman

Re: Disable Comments still enabled

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Scott,

while going to add this issue to the tracker, I discovered it was reported time ago in MDL-8056.

It should be fixed now, both for Moodle 1.7 and 1.8. Try the next nightly packages for your version or CVS access.

Credit goes to Matt Clarkson for the perfect patch. Thanks!

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by scott waldman -
Doe this mean I have to reinstall Moodle?
In reply to scott waldman

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
>Doe this mean I have to reinstall Moodle?

Not at all, in fact, the patch only modified two files:

- mod/glossary/lib.php
- mod/glossary/comment.php

you can get them from CVS or from nightly downloads ("+" versions for the release you are using - Moodle 1.7+, 1.8+...).

Although it's always recommended to update to the whole latest nightly available (instead of modifying individual files) to be less buggy and more secure. wink

Ciao smile