CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT.

CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT.

by Leonardo Terra -
Number of replies: 91

This is FINAL release of Certificate 4.3 FAT.

This version includes these changes over prior versions:
General debugging and code fixes.
Solve white screen problem when try to access view.php.
Solve problems in unenrol routine (tks to Verdon Vaillancourt).
Change TCPDF version and configurations to increase compatibilities whit PDF reader.
Layout adjustments.

GET CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT HERE!

Upgrade of prior versions is highly recommended.

For bug report please include these information’s:
Certificate version.
Moodle version.
PHP version.
Database version.
DEBUG MESSAGES.
Details about user name, course name, course setup and certificate setup with all relevant data about error and configuration to reproduce related error.

If you have some suggestion or a bug correction, please post here for I include these changes on next versions.

Full translations including help are welcome to be included on package.

smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leonardo Terra

Re: CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT.

by Frances Taylor -

Hi Leonardo - I love this certificate module! I just have one problem with it that I really need to have resolved to get the most out of it. I just installed the latest FAT 4.3 last night at 9 PM to a clean install of moodle 1.8 - here are my server stats:

Server Checks

Name Information Report Status
unicode docs.gifis required to be installed/enabled. OK
database mysql docs.gifversion 4.1.16 is required and you are running 4.1.20 OK
php docs.gifversion 4.3.0 is required and you are running 4.3.11 OK
php_extension iconv docs.gifis recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension mbstring docs.gifis recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension curl docs.gifis recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension openssl docs.gifis recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension tokenizer docs.gifis recommended to be installed/enabled OK

The problem is that if I use the 'cancel enrolment' option with the certificate, it removes the instructor (and therefore all students) from the course when a student gets his or her certificate.

I have this same problem with 1.7 Certificate version which is why I was trying to upgrade to 1.8. Is there a patch that can be put to tell the cancel enrolment to cancel only the user getting the certificate instead of the teacher and other users? Thanks! Fran

In reply to Frances Taylor

by Leonardo Terra -

Frances I had solved this problem in certificate 4.3 FAT.

Try to update to certificate 4.3 FAT. If this problem persist with you try give me more information about problem, because here all are running fine with this function.

by Frances Taylor -
Thanks Leonardo...I think I just went to the wrong download link and didn't have the update. I now have the update and it works great! I appreciate the help. Fran
In reply to Frances Taylor

TCPDF error: Could not include font definition file

by Stelios Tserkezis -

TCPDF error: Could not include font definition file

Newbie to moodle from Greece.. What does this error mean? where did I go wrong??

Thanks in advance and for your patience..

In reply to Stelios Tserkezis

Re: TCPDF error: Could not include font definition file

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
I do not support the 'FAT' cert, but you might try downloading the certificate (click on the word certificate), then choose one of the unicode certificate types when adding a certificate to a course if you need unicode text.

Re: CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT. problem ( white screen)

by Martin Holden -
Hi,

Am fairly new to moodle and trying out Certificate 4.3 FAT on a local test machine prior to up loading to my main site (which is webhosted and over which I have no control apart from using .htaccess - so I wanted to be sure the module worked before uploading to the live site).

The problem I am getting is that no certificate is displayed only a white screen (which reading the other posts I thought had been corrected in this version).This was a clean install - have not tried any earlier versions although have deleted and installed it again trying to get it to work.

The full debug message and setup details are in attached file but debug refers to an undefined variable credit in certificate.php line 38
and a fatal error time out in tcpdfprotection.php line 159

Would be grateful for any help.

+ Question. Is there any way to delete an existing certificate once it has been created? This would be a useful option ( if it doesn't exist already.)

Regards
Martin
In reply to Martin Holden

by Leonardo Terra -

This is not the correct with screen problem, this is only a debug message for na unused variable, is not a critical bug, certificate runs perfect without this. Disable debug and try to run this.

by Martin Holden -
Thanks Leonardo for prompt reply,

Sorry but I only turned debug "on" because I could not get certificate to work.

I just get a white screen with or without debug "on".

( Also tried increasing "max_execution_time" from 30secs to 60 secs in php.ini but still get the fatal error time out shown in the file I attached)

regards,

Martin

by Martin Holden -
Hi Leonardo
Problem solved - certificate was working.

Increased "max_execution _time" to 160 seconds + increased memory_limit from "40 to 100MB" in php.ini file.

Must have been just running out of time or resources.thoughtful

Regards

Martin

by Leonardo Terra -

Wol, your server are to busy. Here I work with 60s of time limit and 32MB of memory limit and all works fine, Try to reduce Memory limit to 32MB.

by Leonardo Terra -

Database for certificate are correctly installed?

Permissions in directory are OK to save files?

by Brian Schmidt -
I am having 2 issues with this now... mixed

First issue:
I'm still having the problem with printing these PDF as I was having before (see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=74775).

Second issue:
With the new layout, the signature images now run into the border of the certificate (see attached image). These images are 225 x 45, which is well within the example bounds listed at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=64439#p292848 for signature images.

Just as an FYI side note, I've been beta testing Chardelle's updated certificate module (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=74883) for 1.8 and I do not have the printing issue with the certificate generated using that one. This certificate prints with no complaints or errors.
Attachment certificate.jpg
In reply to Brian Schmidt

by Leonardo Terra -

Plase can you send all information to I can reproduce this print error?

Here certificate is printing fine over Acrobat 7.0.

Send me all certificate configuration, all server configuration, your acrobat version and printer driver.

Send me a certificate generated by your server to I print here to.

Tks.

by Brian Schmidt -
From the 2 students that initially reported the error messages to me:
  • 1 used Acrobat 6
  • 1 used Acrobat 8
On my test computer, which will NOT print:
  • Acrobat 8.1
  • Foxit Reader 2
On my main computer, which WILL print:
  • Acrobat 8.1
  • Foxit Reader 2
All of the computers are using Windows XP. I do not know the types of printers of the 2 students. My 2 computers are both networked to the same printers:
When I use Chardelle's (beta) certificate module, I do not have a problem printing to any printer from either of my computers.

Server:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 2.1

From the Moodle Administration -> Server -> Environment page:
Name Information Report Status
---- ----------- ------ ------
unicode is required to be installed/enabled. OK
database mysql version 4.1.16 is required and you are running 4.1.18 OK
php version 4.3.0 is required and you are running 4.3.10 OK
php_extension iconv is recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension mbstring is recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension curl is recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension openssl is recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension tokenizer is recommended to be installed/enabled OK
Certificate configuration:
  • Email Teachers -> Yes
  • Save Certificates -> Yes
  • Delivery -> Download
  • Date Format -> %MS %dd, %YY
  • Contact Hours -> 3.5
  • Grade to be used -> Topic 3: Issue Certificate Assignment
  • Grade Format -> Points Grade
  • Conditional to grade -> Yes - 100 Points Grade
  • Certificate Type -> Unicode (landscape)
  • Print Watermark -> No
  • Print Date -> Course End Date
  • Print Code -> Yes
  • Print Teacher -> Yes
  • Print Signature -> RVincent
  • Print Grade -> No
  • Print contact hours -> Yes
  • Print Seal -> No
  • Border Style -> Fancy1
  • Border Color -> blue
  • Cancel enrolment -> No
  • Group mode -> No groups
  • Visible -> Show

I will send you a message in Moodle to give you a sample certificate, since it's too large to attach to the forum.
In reply to Brian Schmidt

by Leonardo Terra -
Brian can you test this over PHP > 4.4.0?

by Brian Schmidt -
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a test server with a higher version of PHP for me to access. mixed

We will likely be upgrading to PHP 5.x, but probably not until early next year.

by jimmy kent -
Hi Leonardo

First of all thank you for your brilliant work. Your certificate mod was so easy to implement. However, I would like to customise the look of the certificate, such as i want to change the name 'Certificate of Achievent' into something else. Also I want my own seal, watermarks and signatures. I have produced the images and uploaded in the pix folder, so they work fine. But again i want to change the position of the images. I tried looking into few php files, but have had no major success. Can you please point me to the correct php file and if possible give me a few handy tips.

Thanks
Gaaz

In reply to jimmy kent

by Verdon Vaillancourt -
Have a look at this file...
/mod/certificate/type/unicode_landscape/certificate.php

...it's pretty straight fwd. Also, I think you could copy /mod/certificate/type/unicode_landscape/ and rename the copy, and then work on the copy, leaving the original intact. I only glanced, but I'm pretty sure the mod will support multiple templates in this manner.

good luck,
In reply to Verdon Vaillancourt

by jimmy kent -
Hi Verdon many thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, i have tried looking into the certificate.php file in the unicode_landscape folder. But can you please point out the variables i would need to change to do the following:
1. Change the title of the certificate from 'certificate of achievement' to say 'certificate of merit'.

2. Change the orientation,position and size of the watermark

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks

In reply to jimmy kent

by Leonardo Terra -

Title you can change inside ../lang/(your lang folder)/certificate.php

To customize layout you will need to change pdf variable on file pointed by Verdon, if you have PHP skills can be better.

If you have difficulties contact by private message.

by jimmy kent -
Hi Leonardo

That was a big help. I have already changed the title with your tip. I am no good at php, but i will try to get through the code to change the layout. I will let you know if i get stuck. A big thanks for you help.
In reply to jimmy kent

by Chardelle Busch -
Hi Leonardo and everyone,

A couple of comments. Firstly, I am finally getting the certificate mod updated for 1.8. I will probably post it in a few days. I have also added some new options and one of those is some locking options. We will still have the course grade locking code like yours Leonardo, but the activity locking code will allow you to lock it based on any number of activities, not just one, including surveys, questionnaires and feedbacks, as well as time spent logged into the course, thanks to Mike Churchward.

As for customizing, yes, I designed it so you can have as many folders in the type folder that you want. Simply add the new folder title to the lang file. As for the placement of images, unless Leonardo's version is based on older code, at the bottom of the type/certificate.php file, you should see the lines of code to print the images (e.g. print_watermark....) and text (e.g. after printtext....) In each of those lines of code there are two numbers. These are the X (over from the left) and Y (down from the top) variables. Simply increase or decrease those numbers to move things around. Again, I'm not sure how old this code is, but the image size should be determined by the image and not code--in older versions, there were two numbers for images after the first two XY variables--those are the width and height.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by jimmy kent -
Hi Chardelle and Leonardo

I did manage to tweak the layout. It works fine for everything except the watermark. The stupid image wont budge or become any smaller. It might be behaving like this because in the original code, no coordinates or dimensions were specified for the watermark. Anyway, if it cant be done, its not a big big problem. Thanks for your help and eagerly waiting for the next certificate update.
Cheers
In reply to jimmy kent

by Leonardo Terra -

Hello Jimmy I’m working in new certificate 5.0 FAT, this version will include a new lock system with time and activities dependences, a new layout system with a brand new code, to improve customization options and other functionalities to improve certificate performance and certificate interface.

by Chardelle Busch -
The watermark and border image variables are in the lib.php file. Look for the function to print_watermark, for the orientation you are using.

I'll go ahead an post my updated version today. You might want to take a look at it Leonardo, before you update your code.

by Leonardo Terra -

Hello Chardelle, I’m working in certificate 5.0 since 4.3 release, this changes in grade lock are the same that Mike send me and this is included in my new version, I will take a look in your code, if you want to see certificate 5.0 code let me know.

Tks.

by Chardelle Busch -
Oh, that's good you will be using Mike's code. You might indicate what the differences will be now between mine and your changes. I know you have the extra unenroll code. My new version does include updates and fixes that yours doesn't.

by Leonardo Terra -

Ok, I will check that, I’m writing a new system for layout and Unicode print, including custom fields with layout options, and others resources. This new version will include update for all old versions and if I have time to this your new version J But we can think in merge this projects, what do you think about that? I’m open a CVS in sourceforge and I’m thinking in add new developers to work over this project.

by Chardelle Busch -
Sounds good Leonardo.

by Leonardo Terra -

OK, I send a request to open a project in sourceforge, I will wait for approbation, and after this I will change your status to project admin.

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hello Leonardo -

Rather than opening a new sourceforge project, why not just put your work in the Moodle contrib area? You just need to ask Martin for CVS access to contrib.

mike

by jimmy kent -
Hi Chardelle. Have you posted the updated version of the certificate module? If so, can you please give us the link on this thread. Leonardo, the features you developing for the new certificate sounds really good. Could you incorporate a lock in the certificate, that would take the average grades of more than one quizzes (quizzes may be in different courses). I know that this may not be easy, but it is just a 'wishlist' and since I am a complete idiot with php please excuse me if I have suggested something that is far too complicated.

Thanks to both of you again and I would gladly test any of your modules, if you want some test platforms.

Cheers

In reply to jimmy kent

by Chardelle Busch -
The latest version link is in the modules and plugins databse --http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=683.

Keep in mind that the changes Leonardo has made to the certificate are not compatible.

by Leonard Cox -

Greetings Chardelle, are  there any instructions for installing certificate 4.3 FAT? If so, would you point me them please. thanks, Leonard

In reply to Leonard Cox

by Chardelle Busch -
Hi Leonard,

Please note that Leonardo's changes to the certificate mod have the letters FAT in the name, my certificate does not.

As for installing, put the certificate folder under your moodle/mod folder. Click on the Admin Notifications link to install.
In reply to jimmy kent

by Leonardo Terra -

Chardelle’s certificate isn't compatible with certificate FAT yet. I'm working to make this possible in certificate 5.0 FAT and possibility to merge projects in future.

Re: TCPDF error

by Julian Ridden -
On both your and Chardelle's certificate Mod I get the following error in 1.9 when generating the certificate:

TCPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file

However, once generated (even with the error) I can happily review certificates both as a user and as a teacher.

Any ideas?

P.S. I have checked that I have all the relevant server mods installed. The fact that the pdf is generated seems to vindicate that.
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Leonardo Terra -

Julian I’m working over Certificate 5.0 FAT with a lot of improvements over last versions, in this new version I’m working with PDFlib to optimize performance, but Free version of PDFlib aren’t compatible with UTF-8.

If someone like to help me I need to convert some PDFlib class functions for TCPDF layout, creating a new adapter for TCPDF to run over UTF-8 environment, this new version will will be developed for Moodle 1.8 and Moodle 1.9.

If someone that use UTF-8 likes to participate of certificate project, developing a new adapter for TCPDF this can be great.

by Hans de Zwart -
Hello Leonardo,

I have the certificate installed on my Moodle 1.8.2 installation. It is the FAT version (version 20070123 in the Activities overview).

I have made some adaptations to get the output exactly as I want and all works fine, but for one thing: when I make the certificate depend on the course grade nothing will display (a totally blank page). If I make it depend on some other activity it works fine.

Do you know this problem? Can you reproduce it? Are you working on FAT 5.0 for 1.9 (and will you take the new gradebook into account)?

Thanks in advance for any answers and thank you for the work you have done so far!

Kind regards,

Hans
In reply to Hans de Zwart

by Leonardo Terra -

Your version is 4.0, update your certificate module to Certificate 4.3 FAT, this bug are correct in this version.

Yes, I’m working in certificate 5.0 FAT to run over moodle 1.8 and moodle 1.9, but I have a lot of work to do yet. smile

In reply to Julian Ridden

by Chardelle Busch -
Hi Julian,

You might want to try the latest version--updated for 1.8+ and including locking.

by jimmy kent -
Hi Julian I am using your clouds theme as well but the moodle version i am using is 1.81. I have had no problems with Leonardos certificate mod, it works fine. I dont have a thorough understanding of core issues, but if you can provide me more details i can do some comparisions for you. Cheers
In reply to jimmy kent

by jimmy kent -
Right sorry, I think I have had the problem once when i modified the certificate.php file. I think I messed around with the watermark orientation and that caused it. I then restored the certificate.php file to its original file and again all the changes i needed except for the variable associated with 'print watermark'. I know it is not a proper solution, but it worked for me.
Regards

In reply to jimmy kent

by Julian Ridden -
Ahhh, well spotted. I removed the watermark from my certificate and error disappears. So it is definitely that function that is causing the fault.

by Vikram Solia -
Great work Chardelle!

Was able to use it install it on 1.8.3 without any problem at all and seems to be working well.

Any plans to port it to 1.9? Are you and Leanardo working together for version 5.0? Any hope of this being in the standard distribution - in 1.9 or 2.0?

In reply to Vikram Solia

by Chardelle Busch -
Yes, the certificate will be updated for 1.9.

I'll check again with Martin about getting it into the core for 2.0.

by Vikram Solia -
Chardelle!

The Certificate is doing two jobs:
  1. Checking for completion of an Activity or a Course; and
  2. Validating that completion to the world at large in a presentable format;
With Moodle 1.9, I guess the first job can be delegated to the Gradebook.

Can we vote somewhere for making certificate standard for Moodle 2.0 ?
In reply to Vikram Solia

by Chardelle Busch -
You can use the Issue Tracker for voting on things like this.

Conditional activities is on the roadmap for 2.0 (at that time, the certificate should not need it's own locking).

by Way Way -

I have an error when i try to view the pdf, if y configurate the certificate with signature print or sealprint  anyone of this, the same error "there was a problem reading this document (12)", i acept and i can see the certificate without this, if i configurate in not print signatures and not print seals, works fine. i use the original pngs.  Or in other computer samething like cant read image "I2". Thanks.

(sorry my english)

Re: CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT > no PS printout

by Christian Binkert -

Hi Leonardo

Thank you very much for this plugin. However, I have a severe problem with it concerning the print-out of the PDF using Postscript drivers, and I desperately need your help.

The plugin itself (I'm using 4.3 FAT) functions perfectly, the PDF is created and displayed correctly, and when I try to print it on any printer using GDI or PCL drivers, this also works as wanted. But unfortunately, my customer uses Postscript drivers all over the company due to some application requirements - and they cannot print the certificate correctly. In detail, it only prints the graphics (background, line) but no text, in addition with the following error message:

ERROR: syntaxerror
OFFENDING COMMAND:

STACK:

/?
[(YOWAAA+FreeSerif)]
/Identity-H
(YOWAAA+FreeSerif-Identity-H)
/N6
-savelevel-

However, the error can be worked around by using "print PDF as an image" in the Adobe Reader options - then the print-out works correctly, but we should not have to train all users how to print a simple PDF as this will confuse them...

Now as I thought the error could be related to the used fonts, I tried every included one separately (FreeSerif, FreeSans, Vera), but nothing happened (apart from showing the current font names in the error message).

Therefore: could you please help me with an idea what causes this "unprintable" PDF on Postscript printers and how it could be solved? E.g. Postscript-capable fonts for TCPDF, or an option to directly create PDFs as vector-images instead of using embedded fonts?

Thank you in advance,
Chris

In reply to Christian Binkert

Re: CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT > no PS printout

by Bruce Barton -
We are seeing the same problem on Windows (but not on OS X) and have worked around it by bypassing the TCPDF_Protection class and using TCPDF directly. The certificate then prints correctly on Windows to a postscript printer.

Obviously, this has the disadvantage that the certificate is not protected and restricted to viewing and printing. On the other hand, this work around appears to narrow the hunt for a solution to TCPDF_Protection.

Cheers,

Bruce

Print info from extra user field

by Tom Cox -
I need to print a license # in addition to the student name on a cert. Can anyone give me a shove in the right direction on how to do this? I would like to pull the # from one of the extra user fields but I'm a simple hack with php/mySQL. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

by Justin P -
Hello all,

I really like this certificate module. But I'm having a problem with the e-mailing feature of the module. The e-mail is received successfully but the certificate is not attached to the e-mail. Anyone have any ideas?

by Jim Anderson -
cert 4.3 is awesome and you are all awesome!

which php page or pages would i need to edit to create my own custom certificate?

In reply to Jim Anderson

Reduce PDF size

by reingex eeni -

TIP: In order to reduce PDF size, you can change "FreeSans" font to "Vera" in:
a- certificate\type\unicode_landscape\certificate.php 
b- certificate\tcpdf\config\tcpdf_config.php

by Mike Allen -

I'm having a problem running certificate.

We used it with Moodle1.6.4+ with no problems. Having updated to 1.8.2+ I can install certificate OK but when setting up the parameters and hitting "save changes" the process hangs. The progress bar reaches about 1/3rd and then all stops.

I have tried both the standard certificate and FAT 4.3 both having the same problem.

Our set up is on Windows, PHP 5.2.1, and MySQL 5.1.11. We are using Activity Locking. With debugging on it does not show up any problems. I have tried to ensure a full uninstall before re-loading, and checking that there is nothing left in the MySQL databases.

Help please.

In reply to Mike Allen

by Leonardo Terra -

O don't have an Activity Locking platform here, but Certificate 4.3 FAT have a conditional routine incorporated. I really don’t know how can Certificate 4.3 FAT interact with AL.

CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT.

by Jon Swift -
Love the mod. I am setting it up to use with our Emergency Medical Services to gain credit for continuing ed.

I was wondering if it is possible to print other info on the certificate after their name .... or . ... even in the extra text field. We want to include the EMT numbers of the members if they get to receive a certificate (upon passing a quiz). We have all of their emt numbers saved under "id number" which is a default field for user info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Svar: CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT.

by Gunilla Brattberg -

Hello,

I want to adapt the certificate and have some questions:

1. How do I get the Swedish letters å, ä, ö in the text? It does work in the course name but not in the line below the course name and in my title below my name.
  2. How shall I customize the certificate.php to get severeal lines describing the course content?
  3. How do I get the date as follows: 2008-03-10 or Swedish spelling of the month? I have changed the code 'F jS, Y' to 'Y-m-d' in certificate-php type portrait but it does not work.
  4. How do I increase the distance between the lines under my name. The text is written in the module, not in the php-code which is the case for the text below the course name.

I attach a certificate where you can see my problems. If I can solve these problems the module is very usable for my needs.

Kindest regards from
Gunilla Brattberg

Re: CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT. suggestion

by robert maran -

HI,

Just been reviewing your "certificate". Very impressive, but would like to offer a suggestion for future versions.

It would be useful to be able to define the dates ( and points, grade) that a certificate is issued. This would be useful for courses that run a whole semester, but you have imposed certain cut off dates/ limits for certain exercises. Say for example you wanted to issue an interim certificate for homework covered between weeks 1 and 4, or dates April 7 to May 7, etc.

Cheers

Robert

by E. L. Cooper -
Has anyone tried to make a certificate based on completing all work in a category? When I install at a catagory level no options for setting up requirements appear.

by mike roe -
Little issue. When I upload to the mod directory and then go to notifications to install, it installs and then the site wont load at all. Get just blank pages. If i remove the certificates folder the site functions correctly again.

by Gianpaolo Valero -
A quick question

What's the difference between FAT Certificate plugin and the other Certificate plugin?

In reply to Gianpaolo Valero

by Ruth Noordijk -
I have the same question. What IS the difference between FAT Certificate plugin and the other Certificate plugin?

by John Anderson -
Hi All, all seems to be installed fine. But I'm having some basic usage issues. I have a fresh setup with M1.9 and Certificate 4.3 FAT installed.

I set up a test course with just a quiz and certificate. My troubles are with the the conditional release of the certificate. The certificate settings only seem to allow the condition to be based on the Course Grade. No other options show up in the drop down ( like the quiz that is added to the course ).

Well, in my tests I get a 100% on the quiz but when I go to the certificate topic, it says I need to get a 60% or better. Does the Certificate 4.3 FAT module work with the Quiz activity? I read the Docs, it gives an example of using a Lesson activity, but I didn't need that complexity. Just a quiz. Feel like I'm just out of the loop about some basic usage.

I hope someone can help, thanks for ideas.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Anderson

by John Anderson -
Well I just went over things again. This Certificate 4.3 FAT module says in the download that it has only been tested with M1.7 M1.8. I am using 1.9.3. I want to say that it in fact DOES NOT work with this version of Moodle (1.9.3) .

I cleared my install and started over with the plain Certificate module that did offer a 1.9 version to download. Installed that and it work great, and was very intuitive. It seemed to offer pretty much the same feature set too. Hope this saves someone a little time, or hair.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Anderson

by Sidney Amorim -
Dear Jonh

Where I find certificate module that did offer a 1.9 version to download?

I use moodle 1.9.3 and my couses will have conditions for emission of the certificate.

Thx for u help

by PROFessor VAZZ - Brazil -
Olá Leonardo,

Trabalho com o MOOLDE 1.9.3+.
Ao fazer o teste com o certificado, apesar da nota existente do alunos, ela apresenta Aproveitamento com 0%.

Poderia orientar-me de como proceder.

Muito Obrigado!!!
PROFessor VAZZ
Brazil
In reply to PROFessor VAZZ - Brazil

by Sidney Amorim -
Prezado Prof. Vazz

Conseguiu alguma resposta sobre seu problema?

Estou com problema parecido, mas no meu caso nem consigo emitir o certificado, então gostaria de saber/confirmar se na versão que vc usa (1.9.3) que é a mesma que uso, o certificado é emitido quando a condição de nota mínima esta habilitada?

by Ricardo Groiso -

Leonardo!

Tentei instalar o Certificate FAT, porem no teste, não aparece numeros de horas, nem a data, mesmo configurando conforme instruções.

O Certificate original funciona perfeitamente, porém a data é impressa em ingles, tipo: 15 january 2009 e eu gostaria que fosse me portugues.

Tem como me ajudar?

Obrigado

Ricardo

by Sidney Amorim -

Prezado Leonardo,

Uso o Moodle 1.9.3 e nele o certificado não é emitido mesmo quando o aluno atinge o requisito minimos configurado, no meu caso condicionei a emissão a uma nota minima de 75 pontos.

O que pode estar acontecendo?

In reply to Sidney Amorim

by yasir Muhammad -
can u translate it in english
In reply to yasir Muhammad

by Sidney Amorim -
OK. In resume I have a problem with the emission of the certificate and grade of the moodle version 1.9.3.

Exemple: In a course I use grade 75 to emission certificate and studens obtain more than it but the system just says "you don't comply with the requeriments"

by Ricardo Groiso -
Good afternoon to all!
I am with a problem:
I configure the format of the date and horária load and qualify to print horária load and to print date, when except for the changes it zeros these fields.
Because this happens?
Thank for help

Re: CERTIFICATE 4.3 FAT - Not issueing

by Brian Colburn -
Good afternoon, Love the mod, havinf just one issue. I recieve the following Message,

Your grade in this course is not sufficient to obtain this certificate.
To get this certificate you need: 90%.

The student has a grade of 100%, I just cant figure it out. Can you shed a little light for me.
I'm new to Moodle.
In reply to Brian Colburn

by Will Taylor -

It appears that the Certificate module is not pulling grade info from the revised gradebook tables in Moodle v.1.9x -

this function, for previous versions of Moodle, resides in lines 445-501 of Certificate > lib.php

anyone up for the challenge of revising this section to work with Moodle 1.9x? (way over my head, but I sure would like this module to work!)

In reply to Brian Colburn

by Muhammad AbuYusuf -

Hi I am having this problem in 1.9.10 clean install of moodle.

Student is having 100% grade and he gets 

Your grade in this course is not sufficient to obtain this certificate.
To get this certificate you need: 50% .

I have tried changing settings in grades and played around but no use.

Can anyone help on wats the problem and how it can be resolved.

In reply to Muhammad AbuYusuf

by Matthew Brewer -

Has there been any solution to this?  I've been beating my head against the keyboard, trying to find an answer.  Whenever I see a thread that seems to be close to it (this one exactly deals with the issue), it seems to just die off. 

My certificates don't seem to be drawing from the Course grade, or any other grade.  In the grade book it shows a grade of 100% for one student, and 88% for another.  When the certificate is set to print if a Course grade of 75% or greater is acheived, it won't issue it, saying they did not reach the 75% requirement.  I toggle it to print without the grade requirement, and tell it to add the grade to the certificte.  When I do, it shows the grade to be blank.

HELP!!!

In reply to Matthew Brewer

by Kevin Freeborn -

I am having a similar problem.  One course works perfectly with the certificate.

A second course (basically a french version of the first course) will print the grade as long as it is not 100%?  If I manually adjust the grade to less than 100% then the certificate will print.  It seems that the certificate module is not pulling/seeing 3 digits??

by Jose Santacruz -
One question how i can generate the certificate of all studuten enroled in a course and acomplish the grade condition

by Debbie McDonald -
For some reason, the certificates for one particular course are not working. When the learner tries to print their certificate, they get the following error:

"Sorry, the requested file could not be found"

error/moodle/filenotfound

From MoodleDocs

Jump to: navigation, search

In the case of a change of server, check if you have copied the content of moodledata, especially uploaded files.

I am able to pull up a certificate from 2008 and certificates from every other class but this one.

by sylvia Lee -

I have 2.02 moodle and try to get certificate plugin but mess up my database. What is the latest version of certificate for 2.02 that works. Please advice. I kept getting notification that this is not a standard version and screw up my database.

by sylvia Lee -

I have 2.02 moodle and try to get certificate plugin but mess up my database. What is the latest version of certificate for 2.02 that works. Please advice. I kept getting notification that this is not a standard version and screw up my database.

by Erik van Leur -

At this moment I've got issues installing this certificate module. 

I'm using moodle 2.1 and it gives back the following message when installing:

Plugin "mod_certificate" werkt niet of is verouderd. Kan niet verder doen.

Meer informatie over deze fout

Debug info: Plugin is not compatible with Moodle 2.x or later.
Stack trace:
  • line 465 of /lib/upgradelib.php: plugin_defective_exception thrown
  • line 265 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
  • line 1460 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 317 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()
hopefully someone can fix it for the latest moodle version.

by Ed Main -

We have been cruising along with four instances of the Certificate module working perfectly on a Moodle 1.9.13+ (Build: 20110831). A couple of weekends ago, we upgraded our PHP to 5.3.8 and seemingly the only hiccup has been the Certificate module which when someone tries to generate or view their certificate, results in a HTTP Error 500 (server error) message . . . along with this: The website encountered an error while retrieving http://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/mod/certificate/view.php?id=4150. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

There have been no other issues (that we are aware of!) with any other aspects of the installation. [Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!