Can Nwiki (moodle 1.8) upload files into separate group areas so they are only available to students in group?

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 3
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Can Nwiki (moodle 1.8) upload files into separate group areas so they are only available to students in group?

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi matt,
file atachments is a unresolved issue since day one in df/nwiki. Rigth now I'm considering two possible (and maybe compatible) options:
  • An integration with a digital content repository (Hive, concerto) so each attachment is a digital resource handled by the content manager..
  • To implement atachments as special wiki pages. like mediawiki does. By doing so, each atachment is stored in the database, and only will be available withing the group/student wiki if the separate option is enabled...
any insigths?
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Can Nwiki (moodle 1.8) upload files into separate group areas so they are only available to students in group?

by Stuart Anderson -
Great Ludo!

I didn't realise that this was the current situation. I actually think that if this issue is not tackled , it might actually prevent me from upgrading to the wiki as maintaining student privacy is essential.

I would go for the simpler option, unless the work on repositories which is on the roadmap is more established than I know about. As long as the behaviour matches or betters the ewiki version, then you will be onto a winner! This issue might also ties in with the lack of option to attach files when using the HTML editor (unless I'm going mad!). Is the decision influence at all by both problems or can both solutions work for all editing systems?

--Stuart.