How to make teacher profile open to public

How to make teacher profile open to public

by Gautam Saha -
Number of replies: 6
Hello,
Sounds like a simple role issue but I cant figure this out.

I would like anyone visiting my site be able to read the profile of their teacher.
By anyone I mean anyone. with no authentication.

But when they click on the teacher name...it presents them with a login and password screen.

Here is the link: (I want anyone to be able to access this with no authentication)
http://www.gautamsaha.com/user/view.php?id=2&course=1

The above link is obtained from the course info link in the main page
http://www.gautamsaha.com/course/info.php?id=2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gautam Saha

Re: How to make teacher profile open to public

by Peter Eliyahu Kornfeld -

Hi,

I am looking for solution for the same problem. Did you find it?!

In reply to Peter Eliyahu Kornfeld

by Peter Eliyahu Kornfeld -

Hi,

In case you not...

In page Security\Site policies there is a check-box 'Force users to login for profiles'. Setting it off anyone can see the member's profiles.

In reply to Peter Eliyahu Kornfeld

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
think carefully before you do it though - all profiles not just the teachers will be publicly available.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -
FERPA might come into play if you make info available on profiles to anyone. Not sure whether courses being taken fits into "directory" info that can be released to anyone, but all courses definitely show up on the profile.
In reply to Gautam Saha

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think there is some magic (that may be too polite a term for it) in the code that ensures that teachers' profiles are visible to everyone, irrespective of how the permissions are set.