Authentication plugin - not found, Error

Authentication plugin - not found, Error

by Craig Fabrizio -
Number of replies: 2
Greetings:
I installed 1.8 and then proceeded to work on my courses, uploads etc when after changing themes return to my page and get this error message -

Authentication plugin '' not found.

... and after click on "continue" nothing, the page remains as it was with the error message. Can I reset the theme to a standard version through cPanel?

Anyone have an easy idea for this educator?

Thank you,
Craig
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Fabrizio

Re: Authentication plugin - not found, Error

by John Isner -
Try this. If you have phpMyAdmin on your cPanel, browse the mdl_course table and find your course by its id. Edit the row and set the theme field to an empty string (which probably means to use the default). In my mdl_course table, I see lots of empty strings and some strings like formal_white, oceanblue, and standardlogo. Let us know if this works!
In reply to John Isner

Re: Authentication plugin - not found, Error

by Craig Fabrizio -
Mr. Isner:
Thank you for your insight and recommendation. I learned quite a bit poking around - good stuff.

After careful consideration and much thought I decided to do what any technically challenged person would do in this situation and deleted the theme that was giving me the problem. And behold, once back to the site the standard theme kicked in. Guess dumb luck is better than none whatsoever.

Thank you again,
Craig