SCORM Not Working in Moodle Demo Course

SCORM Not Working in Moodle Demo Course

by Bob Scheele -
Number of replies: 5

Folks,

I am running Moodle 1.8 and uploaded the Moodle Demo Course  

http://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=34

But the SCORM Packages section listing Exe and RELOAD do not work.  If you click on either of them and then try to click one of the exersizes - it does not work and I get "Sorry, the requested file could not be found" (have also attached an image of this message that I get).

Sorry for the newbie question, but do we need to upload a module or add anything to get the SCORM stuff to work?

Thanks in advance,

Bob 

Attachment MoodleDemoCourse.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Scheele

Re: SCORM Not Working in Moodle Demo Course

by Christos Karakirios -

Hi Bob,

I faced initially the same problem you refer on, with exactly the same procedure (upload the demo course). The solution is to update the SCORM packages and in the "Course package" field to Choose or upload the same file (scorm/eXe_051109.zip for eXe package and scorm/itemsc.zip for Reload files). After that, it worked fine. Most possible, it needs a re-linking with the file since it has been moved to the same directory but to another server  (www.YOURSERVERNAME.xyz/...../scorm/eXe_051109.zip or equivelant) and, since the original link were leading to the original server (moodle.org), it didn't work. I have no problem at all after that re-linking.

Hope that I helped.

Best regards from Greece.

In reply to Christos Karakirios

by Bob Scheele -

Hi Christos,

Many thanks - I just clicked on the "Update this SCORM/AICC" button in the upper right hand corner after clicking on the links from the course page and they now work.

Cheers from Chicago!

Bob 

In reply to Bob Scheele

by Bruno Cunha -
In my case not even with re-linking it works. The scorm update page reloads and it says there is something wrong with the link I inserted