CSS Based Theme- SimpleBlue

CSS Based Theme- SimpleBlue

by Christopher Phillips -
Number of replies: 9

The other thread I had started on this was getting long, so I thought I'd start another with what I am hoping will be a final release (at least for awhile) of this theme- I think I've worked out all of the problems that were identified in the previous thread
You can see it in action here in the demo site. There are no tables in the header or footer and I think I have everything formatted correctly. However, if any of you PC users are willing to try it out in your favorite browser it would be much appreciated.

All of the hardcoded colors have also been pulled out of styles.php and placed in the config file to hopefully make it easier to change it to your own colors- so it can easily be SimplePink or SimpleBlack. With no tables and the semantic coding added to the header may also help your sites ranking if it is listed on search engines. I know that CSS positioning is in the plans for version 2.0, but I am wondering what I might start on now to get some of the code ready for that transition- working on individual modules maybe? If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christopher Phillips

Re: CSS Based Theme- SimpleBlue

by Ray Lawrence -

Hi,

Screenshot for your inf. Not sure if the if the block sizes are theme or block related. (Last night's release).

Attachment sb4.jpg
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Thanks for the screenshot Ray- I have only tested it in 1.2.1, so it looks like maybe I have some work to do to make sure it works with the next release. It looks like maybe the width of the blocks is being determined simply by the width of each block. I'll look into it to see if a style is being applied to the blocks or how their formatting comes out. Did you notice if the variable widths of the blocks was unique to this theme?

I guess for now this theme is for 1.2.1 only- if the issue above is with the theme, I'll work on it and re-release. Thanks.
In reply to Christopher Phillips

by Ray Lawrence -

Hold the front page! The problem may be at my end. Will investigate further and post again soon.

In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Ray Lawrence -

This is more representative. I had dodgy install which distorted the appearance. Could the font size be an issue in the calendar?

Compare Simple Blue / Standard White 

In reply to Ray Lawrence

Ray-
Thanks, that's a great way to do a comparison. I would guess that it is the font size in the calendar. I'll try and get 1.3 installed so I can better test things and figure out what is going on. Much appreciated. I'll let you know what I find out.

In the meantime, anybody have any problems with the theme on 1.2.1?
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Joyce Smith -
Ray, that looks pretty snazzy, how did you do the fade in thing ?
Joyce
In reply to Joyce Smith

by Ray Lawrence -
With Swish.
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Joyce Smith -
Thanks Ray, I will do some more 'playing now lol !

Joyce