Block notgraded

Block notgraded

by Alex Djachenko -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Translators
Hi!
I am glad to present the block notgraded. It displays the list unchecked assigments and an essay in this course. I hope, that it will facilitate work to teachers in big courses and administration of educational institutions.

It would be healthy, if this module has been included in basic version Moodle.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Djachenko

Re: Block notgraded

by Geof Duncan -
Attached is en_utf8 folder for those interested in using this in your site. Simply unzip the attached into /blocks/notgraded/lang folder and it should title the block "To be graded:" and add the message "All activities have been graded." when everything is graded.

For those looking to an alternative or replacement to the Marking Block, this is an excellent substitution... big grin

by Mark Tyers -
Just spotted this post. Didn't register the purpose of the block based on its title, found the existing marking would not work with 1.8 so wrote a similar one myself. Doh!

It is called marking and is in the module downloads section. The main difference is that if there is no marking outstanding it disappears completely.

Hope it might be useful to someone...

Mark

by Dennis Williams -
Alex,

It would be nice if this block handled turnitin assignments. Even when these are graded and grades in the gradebook, they show as not graded. This is too bad, since most of my assignments are submitted through turnitin.com. I suspect that's a much more sophisticated problem, but I thought I'd plant a seed somewhere for additional desires for this kind of feature.

Thanks for the work you've done here.

by joe cool -
Hello,

Great block!

I like this block! I have used it in Moodle 1.8. Now I am installing - rather, have installed - 1.9, and it doesn't show up.

I try to add it, and it's not on the list.

Does this work on Moodle 1.9 (I have beta 3)?

I did go to the admin page, and the database updated properly for the block - at least no error messages.
In reply to joe cool

by joe cool -
Oh - I think it may have been called "notgraded" in my first install - Moodle 1.8. (The site is temporarily down now, so I have not checked.)

I now see "To be graded" so I guess that is it - I was looking for "notgraded".

Looks like it may be there - and working in 1.9!