Funny videos

Funny videos

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 19
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
To help test the Quicktime plugin, please link to some funny or at least interesting quicktime videos here.

Here's from zefrank.com.  I'm sure you can do better!  big grin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Funny videos

by Martyn Overy -

Funny?  It all depends.... Here is a short video taken at the Southwesterm Museum, Mesa, Arizona. These 'models' are purchased from the major film companies, after they have 'finished' their movies, and have no further use for them.... so they end up at places like this

Eric Dino

In reply to Martyn Overy

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I notice these clips keep looping.  They run over and over again until you stop them--at least with Mozilla on a Mac.
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
same with IE on WIN2K
In reply to koen roggemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
That's the default behaviour set by the filter.  There will eventually be a GUI to define these default behaviours, but for now do you think looping is more often a good idea here or not?  I happy to go either way.

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
OK, I tested the video clip with Tom Strasthle and found a number of problems. First, the white nose on the cow was completely unrealistic (cow noses are black of course), the earings were tacky, and although I am no decorator, the blank wall behind the computer could use some improvement.

On the positive side, as a fellow Wisconsinite, I felt his voice was rather pleasent, the first accent-free English I have heard in a long time.... Anyway, I will keep working on this one, and let you know other bugs that come up.  smile

by rick shepherd -
here's a nice one, for all Linux sufferers

http://www.heinemann.es/MEDIA/switchlinux3.swf

Hey guys, I go into the Quiz module, but don't see the html toolbar for adding multimedia links anywhere, just one that lets me attach images (by the way, can these be animated gifs?). Html editor is enabled both overall and for the profile I'm using to create Quizzes. I'm using IE5 on 98. Holp!, Hulp!, Help!

Rick
In reply to rick shepherd

by W Page -
Hi Rick,

Neat flash.

You should see the animated ".GIF" below.  This should answer you question about animation.

Just upload like a regular image.

WP1

In reply to rick shepherd

by Timothy Takemoto -
These things would be really great for language teaching. The examples here use rather difficult language though.

Control Bar in Video clips

by Fernando Oliveira -
Picture of Plugin developers

I'm quite fond of the QuickTime and Media Player formats because they provide users with a control bar (play, pause, etc.).  Most of the other formats seem to play as soon as the forum is opened. This seems problematic since if a forum (such as this one) has more than one clip, then all them play simultaneously. Are QuickTime and Media Player the only formats to offer such a control bar? Is there a way of getting flash files to display in the same way that mp3s are displayed (i.e. with a control bar)?

Also... the audio on this QuickTime clip is choppy. Is this a result of the way it was recorded?

Video integration is a great feature. I can't wait to use it in my courses.

Many thanks!

Fernando

In reply to Fernando Oliveira

Re: Control Bar in Video clips

by Martin Dougiamas -
Flash doesn't have a control bar, but you can right-click on them to stop them (uncheck the "Play" item).

Note that the U.F.M item above does have a play button built into the movie itself (which is very polite).

The quicktime audio is smooth for me ... you might want to let it download more before playing it ... also very slow client machines might have trouble with big quicktime files.

You have to judge what's good for your students but we have a good range of options here now.

Re: Control Bar in Video clips

by Arko Õige -
Totally free Swiff Player has all these features (start, stop, pause, seek bar).
http://www.globfx.com/products/swfplayer/

Though I am not sure how easy is to make changes that each time when you start .swf file "Swiff Player" is opened instead of Macromedia Flash Player.

by Steve Dowdall -

Hi all

I'm totally lost how are you getting the files to display as movies/swf etc and not file links to the movie or swf