Restoring Folders

Restoring Folders

by Nigel Walsh -
Number of replies: 0

Dear all,

I am a recent Moodler and in the institution where I work they have setup multiple Schools (eg medicine, pharma etc.), within each they have multiple cycles (eg foundation, junior, fundamental etc.), within each they have semesters and within each (bear with me) they have modules.

I have to backup and restore each cycle (07 becomes 08 etc) and the contents within each module. The modules have been structured using folders wherein the course notes go. When I restore the course I have to delete each set of course notes as these are updated and uploaded by the lecturer.

Here is my problem!!

When I restore I have the option of not restoring the folders, however I need to keep the folders and delete the contents of the folders.

Is there a way to

a) better structure the courses (ie not use folders)?

b) to restore the course without the course notes (ie restore folder structure but not content)?

c) We are using 1.6 - is this option available in 1.8??

===========================

I was looking at the restore page wher you select what you wanted restored, would it not be great to have the ability to expand the folders (like windows explorer) so you could select or unselect the content of each folder??

Nigel

Average of ratings: -