Prompt to download when clicked "Save changes" button

Prompt to download when clicked "Save changes" button

by Carol Poon -
Number of replies: 8
Hi,

I'm currently using Moodle 1.8. I tried to add a resource -> link to a file or web site. I filled in all the details and uploaded a file. When I clicked on "Save changes" button, a download prompt popped up. I would like to know does it suppose to behave like this and how to avoid this when administrators trying to create and/or save changes to a resource?

Thanks.

Regards,
Carol
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carol Poon

Re: Prompt to download when clicked "Save changes" button

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Carol!

This has been filed in the tracker.
Previous discussion:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=55540

Vote here! (you will have to make an account first)
MDL-6826
atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
ATW - I understand wanting to avoid the popup; however, I am looking at the latest 1.8 CVS and it seems to me that previously after hitting the save changes button that the user would be redirected back to the course view page but that does not seem to be happening. The resource is saved; however, it does not move off of the modedit.php file. Seems like a bug that I will look into. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Kenneth Newquist -
Please do -- we're 99% sure that this wasn't the behavior under 1.7; after adding a file under that version you would be redirected to the course page, not initiate a download of the file (or re-direct the user to the web resource).

Unfortunately we do not have our copy of 1.7.x still running, but I'm going to reinstall it on Monday to verify I'm not bonkers and that it really did behave this way.

Is there a bug tracker for this issue (rather than a feature request, which is what the existing tracker link goes to?)

Ken

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Ben Steeples -
We've found this unfortunate bug too sad
In reply to Ben Steeples

by Larry Zoumas -
Yes in Moodle 1.82+ when I try to link to an audio file and hit 'save' I am prompted to download the file instead of the expected behavior. The resource is saved however.

But... when a user clicks the resource it does NOT play in the media player... it just tries to download it. Somebody please help.
In reply to Larry Zoumas

by Adam Jacobi -
I've had the same problem on occasion. I'm using Mac Firefox 2.0.0.6.
In reply to Adam Jacobi

by Conor Power -
Same issue here moodle 1.8 iis6 winserv2k3. Very frustrating!