Inspiration file icon

Inspiration file icon

by Will Taylor -
Number of replies: 4
I work often with Inspiration® visual outlining software, & post templates for student download, & often have student assignments submitted as Inspiration files. Attached (bottom left, below) is an icon to identify these files -

add this to either moodle/pics/f or moodle/yourtheme/pics/f (depending on where your icons are being pulled from), and then make a copy of it renamed ist.gif (for templates) and add that as well;

then add the following lines to moodle/lib/filelib.php
(the extensions array takes up lines 40-170 in this file, add the two lines below anywhere in this array; make sure that each line in this array except the last is followed by a comma):

'isf' => array ('type'=>'application/inspiration', 'icon'=>'isf.gif'),
'ist' => array ('type'=>'application/inspiration.template', 'icon'=>'ist.gif')

perhaps some of you using Inspiration might find this helpful.

(Do the same for any other file type you use commonly, using a 16x16pxl icon in .gif format - e.g., I've got icons set up for OmniGraffle templates & files, as well).
Attachment isf.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Will Taylor

OmniGraffle file icon

by Will Taylor -
Here, similarly, is an icon for OmniGraffle files (attached, bottom left);
the line to be added to the extensions array in moodle/lib/filelib.php is:

'graffle' => array ('type'=>'application/graffle', 'icon'=>'graffle.gif')

(again, each line except the last in the array needs to be followed by a comma)
Attachment graffle.gif
In reply to Will Taylor

Re: Inspiration file icon

by Julian Ridden -

Hi Will,

Just so you know, the Inspiration icon has now been added to the filelib for 1.9. Would have loved to have had it added to 1.8, but it is now locked down.

In reply to Will Taylor

by Gary Blok -
I'm trying to do the same thing, but for a software called Finale for a music class. The extension used is .MUS Currently it just shows a "?" but I'd like it to show the Finale icon. How would I do that? Would it be like this:
'mus' => array ('type'=>'application/Finale', 'icon'=>'mus.gif')
Thanks
In reply to Will Taylor

by Jeff Ottinger -
The .m4b MPEG-4 Audio Book File extension would be nice to have added to that file big grin