unable to upload a picture in profile

unable to upload a picture in profile

di Tobias Neumaier -
Numero di risposte: 7

hi,

i use moodle 1.8 latest. in my profile i can't upload a picture. i don't get a error message, but the picture is still the same (smiley). I also tried to delete the cache in my internet explorer, but it's definitely not the problem.

i tried to upload a picture in the html-editor for a new course (only for testing). it works correctly. so i can except, the server works not correctly for gd-support (jpeg, png,...).

now i'm searching a few days in the internet, but without success. If anyone had the same problem or a fix, please answer me!!!

greetings from munich

Media dei voti: -
In riposta a Tobias Neumaier

Re: unable to upload a picture in profile

di Mohammad Ismail -
Hi there

I have tried to upload my picture thousands times, but I couldnt either.

If you find out how to upload the picture, please help me in this regard

thanks
In riposta a Mohammad Ismail

di Dave Shearan -

Hi,

I think from your posting that you are trying to upload your picture to your profile. Is this right?

If so you may be getting an error message. Try this:

• Browse to and upload your photo
  • Click Update profile
  • Does the screen refresh to show your profile again?
  • If it does then look at the line of text below the tabs and above your name
  • Is there an error message? 'Some information was missing or incorrect'

If you do this and there is an error message it means that one or more fields must be filled in. The usual culprit is the City/town or the Description. Try filling in these fields and then update your profile again.

Hope this fixes your problem - If I have the 'wrong end of the stick' then I apologise.

Dave

In riposta a Tobias Neumaier

di Mauno Korpelainen -

1) Check slashargument setting:

Administration -> Server -> HTTP and unselect Use slash arguments setting

2) Refresh (reload) browser after uploading image

3) Check permissions of moodledata/users subfolders and files f1.jpg and f2.jpg

In riposta a Mauno Korpelainen

di Mauno Korpelainen -

4) Check upload_max_filesize settings (php.ini / site...)

5) Select from Administration -> Server -> Debugging
Debug messages ALL and save changes to get any error messages

In riposta a Mauno Korpelainen

di Robin Greaves -
Hei Mauno! Your last two posts in this forum demonstrate your comments to me about finding information here to questions that have been asked "many many times before". Would you say HOW precisely you searched her to get the recent answers you found? I generally find my searches fail! I'm probably not using the right search strings.
In riposta a Robin Greaves

di Mauno Korpelainen -

I use several searches: first I usually go to http://moodle.org/ (front page search) and use 1-4 basic terms I suppose could have something to do with my problem. Then I get not only forum posts but also tracker, documentation and other languages documents. If i find something interesting the next step is to show parent of forum messages. If there is nothing or something seems to be missing I usually go to google and search the background of those problems: from css, php etc.

Error messages are very often same and if people have reported an error starting with "Parse error, call to undefined function" it is usually easy to find the reason for that message. Documentation gives more help:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installation_FAQ

Sometime I just read messages from Joseph Rézeau, Gordon Bateson, Ken Wilson and all other moodlers who have given thousands of answers to various problems to learn more. And if there are no answers I try to solve problems myself. smile