Yahoo! Teachers

Yahoo! Teachers

by Derek B -
Number of replies: 3
I thought I'd let the Moodle community know that last week Yahoo! previewed a new (free) service for educators called Yahoo! Teachers that will be launched later this summer. It was unveiled last week at the National Science Teacher Association Conference in St. Louis, Missouri.Discover how to use the Y! Gobbler along with Yahoo! Teachers to easily search, collect, and organize materials from across the web directly into your own e-portfolio.

Yahoo! worked with a group of teachers last summer who helped us steer the design and usability of the service. To learn more about how Yahoo! partnered with teachers on this project, read this post on my blog: http://www.debaird.net/blendededunet/2007/04/yahoo_teachers_.html

Yahoo! Teachers will be released this summer, so be sure to sign up for an invite so you can be among the first to join this new community.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Cheers!
Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Derek B

Re: Yahoo! Teachers

by Alexandre Enkerli -
Sounds like an interesting project. Is it limited to K-12 teachers in the U.S.?
The education-specific gobbler could be promising. I think we near more of those dedicated tools.
Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Alexandre Enkerli

by Derek B -
Thanks for the feedback Alexandre. The first roll out will be to K-20 teachers in the USA. But we do have an international road map in our plan. A lot of where we go next will be driven by the community and where we see interest.

Needless to say, we're pretty excited to finally be able to talk about Yahoo! Teachers. We had a group of teachers involved during the whole process and it was a great partnership.

Yahoo! Teachers will be at NECC in Atlanta, so if you're going to be there, be sure to stop by our booth and say hello!

Cheers!

db
In reply to Derek B

by Michael Penney -
Hi Derek, looks nice! Hey I've been working on some perhaps complementary projects with Intel, the Cal. Comm. Colleges, and others, I wonder if I could chat with you some time about how your system works?

Best
Michael Penney
michaelATmoodlerooms.com