Word find or Crossword generator

Word find or Crossword generator

by Paul Brown -
Number of replies: 5
HI

I was wondering if anyone knew of a module that would allow you to use words from the glossary to generate a word find or crossword activity for students.

Paul
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Brown

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Paul Brown

Απάντηση: Word find or Crossword generator

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

I created a module named "game" that does what you want.
It gets input from question or glossary and plays some games.
The games are: crossword, hangman, cryptex (maybe word find), millionaire, "Snakes and Ladders", sudoku, "Book with questions".
It is published under GPL licence and you can download and see a demo at http://bdaloukas.gr/moodle
This site has some demo lesson in Greek language and some in English language.

Vasilis

In reply to Vasilis Daloukas

Re: Απάντηση: Word find or Crossword generator

by Krunoslav Funtak -
Professional Crossword Software project is started.

Professional Crossword Software Official Site:
www.professionalcrosswordsoftware.com

Professional Crossword Generator
Professional Crossword Publisher
Professional Crossword Solver

Professional Crossword Generator preview version 1.0 is available for free download.

In reply to Paul Brown

Re: Word find or Crossword generator

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers
I know this is an old post, but I had the same idea for some content I wanted to moodle-ize (my word for it). The Game module is good, I've just had a play with it, but it still doesn't do wordsearch - so I'm going to be deploying a wordsearch generator I wrote myself and is hosted in the moodle/webs folder.

It contains two tables in the database - one as a list of word lists, and another containing the words for each word list. I haven't written a config script or anything (though I might do), but if you're interested in it and have experience as a (or access to an experienced) mySQL administrator I'll send you the code.

Sample:
http://moodle.hull-college.ac.uk/webs/wordsearch/wordsearch.php?p=1

The only problem is that it sometimes takes so long to place all the words without clashes the script times out - if anyone can help with that that'd be great.

Dave