Whatever happened to an interface for userpix?

Whatever happened to an interface for userpix?

by Hans de Zwart -
Number of replies: 7
As a Moodle admin user, one of my favorite (and undocumented) pages in Moodle is the "userpix"-page (to be found, logged in as admin, at http://www.yourmoodle.com/userpix, try it smile). I always use it a lot, but am suprised that there still is not a button/link for it in the interface...

Does anyone know why? Is anyone interested in adding it?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hans de Zwart

Re: Whatever happened to an interface for userpix?

by Greg Lyon -
Huh, I have noticed that folder before, but never took a peek until now. Thanks for the tip!

by Stephen Plume -
Hi Hans

What version of Moodle are you running? I can do this on my 1.6.X version but not on another Moodle running 1.8.X...

Thanks
In reply to Stephen Plume

by Heather P -
Works for me in version 1.8.1.
We are using standard logo theme.

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hans - The page displays a picture of each user sorted by last access and then you can click on the picture to get to the user's profile. I'm not sure of the usefulness of this page. Could you explain how you use it. For me, the question is really a matter of where would such a link belong? When do you use it and how does it help you? Determining that will help developers to figure out the appropriate place for such a link. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Hans de Zwart -
@Stephen:
It is still there in the latest version.

@Anthony:
When I was a teacher and Moodle-admin at a school for secondary education I would look at it once in a while and check it for offensive userpix. I would then email the students and ask them to change it...
A good position to me would be somewhere on the page that lists all the users.

Thanks!

by Julian Ridden -
Like Hans I too check userpix a few times a year to scan for offensive images. I have caught a few this way. Quite a nice feature.

JR

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
OK - that makes sense. I had not considered using it for that. Thanks for sharing your experience. Peace - Anthony