Questionnaire installation problem in 1.7: version.php not readable

Questionnaire installation problem in 1.7: version.php not readable

by willem stempvoort -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,
After the installation of the questionnaire directory and visiting the admin page i get this notice:

/..../public_html/mod/questionnaire/version.php was not readable

The file is in the directory and after checking this (and deleting and uploading it again) I have no further ideas how to solve this problem.

Please give me some advice

TIA

Willem
Average of ratings: -
In reply to willem stempvoort

Re: Questionnaire installation problem in 1.7: version.php not readable

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If the file is there like you say, you may want to check the file privileges on it. Compare it with the privs on a file from a module that is working.

mike
In reply to willem stempvoort

by S. Hadi Farahzadi -
It seems to be too late to answer this question, but for other Moodlers It would be useful.

This problem may be cos of a little mistake in extracting the zip file of the Module of block. Pay attention to extract the zip file in "mod" or "block" folders. Some times you may extract them in a folder that you have created yourself for the module or block in the destination folder. see below example:

Example for the Questionnaire module:

ERORR: zip file is extracted in ".../mod/Questionnaire/Questionnaire"

Correct: zip file is extracted in ".../mod/Questionnaire"

this may lead to below error

version.php not readable

RaiBon Co.
In reply to S. Hadi Farahzadi

by rob tuttle -
Thank you for this excellent point. As a new moodler, I was pulling my hair out to figure out why I could not get different module to work. This is important for GoDaddy users because some files are zipped in another folder with a certain type name, creating the "extra" layer and misplacing the files for Moodle.