Adding the Course Full Name to the Header (next to logo)

Adding the Course Full Name to the Header (next to logo)

by Don B -
Number of replies: 2

I'll try my best to explain what I am attempting to do:

In the courses, there is a full name.

What I would like to do is put the full name in the header next to the logo (or centered)

Reason: The short name in the crumbs does not allow for enough information and users are not reading the top of the page (ie. <title></title>) so they are a bit lost as to where they are when they are in a course.

Another option would be to have the crumbs produce the full name instead of the short name.

I hope this makes sense?  This is purely cosmetic and Moodle functions flawlessly for us.

Kind Regards,

-Don

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don B

Re: Adding the Course Full Name to the Header (next to logo)

by Just H -
Hi Don

Sorry, in a rush so can't give you the link but I did see a post recently re expanding the size of the short name field. If you did that then your shortname could be the same as the full name and would therefore meet your second option.

Should be able to find it with a quick search (think I saw it within the past week).

Good luck.
H
In reply to Just H

Re: Adding the Course Full Name to the Header (next to logo)

by Don B -

Thanks Harry,

For anyone else looking, I believe Harry is referring to the post here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=62655#p282971

This should work as a temporary fix for us, but in the end, we would really like to put the full name of the course in the header next to the logo so students aren't confused about where they are at smile

If anyone has insight into doing this, we would appreciate any suggestions.

THanks again Harry!