problem with characters above unicode v.2

problem with characters above unicode v.2

by Matthias Arnold -
Number of replies: 0
hello, when i try to write characters that are part of any version between 3.0 and 5.0 into the editor, they will not be displayed. even worse, all text that follows gets cut at the first problematic char. this even applies to this editor i am using to write my message. take, for example, the chinese character nie4, http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetUnihanData.pl?codepoint=2414A. it is part of the unicode block "cjk unified ideographs extension b" which was introduced in version 3.1 of the unicode standard. the character is part of the "founder extended" fonts for chinese, i.e. "mingliu-extb" or "simsun (founder extended)". it can be typed into any document using the normal windows ime (above win2k). it can also be typed (or copied from word) into the moodle editor and - while still in edit mode - is displayed correctly. however, once the page is saved, all text after this character (including this character) will be cut off. now, if you switch the editor to html-mode and enter the decimal ncr of that character (in this case it is 𤅊), THIS will be saved and displayed correctly. what is the reason for it? i have attached a short chinese line with 8 characters in word format as an example, where the 4th character is the problem. with kind regards, matthias arnold
Average of ratings: -