I have some problems with the module chat on our Moodle.
Teachers wants to chat 1 hour per week with the student (more than 20 simultaneous connected), but the chat is to "slow".
I can test myself with 10 student connected : it's really slow, often we have 20 seconds between the moment where someone send something, and the moment where it appears in the windows.
When I "top" the server in SSH, there is no particular CPU consommation : between 0% and 5%.
I searched in this forum, but don't have found any clue to resolve my problem.
Any idea ?
And someone can tell me how many could connect to the chat simultaneoulsy ?
Chat module :
- normal method,
- chat_normal_updatemode: stream,
- chat_refresh_room: 2, (I have tried with 5 too)
- chat_old_ping: 30.
- Moodle 1.6 + (2006050506)
- MySQL 4.1.20
- PHP 4.3.9 with eAccelerator
- Red Hat ES 4 Update 3
- third-party architecture,
- two server reverse-proxy Apache 2 in front : the load balancing is made with Round Robin DNS,
- one server for Moodle,
- one server for MySQL.
In attachement, a screenshot of the server-status of Apache on the Moodle server.
Thank you for your help.