Student Problem Editing WIKI - Code instead of editing screen

Student Problem Editing WIKI - Code instead of editing screen

by Linda Eckert -
Number of replies: 4
I am sorry if this is a repeat of a previous issue...but I cannot find a solution on the forum. I simply may not being searching correctly. So I apologize if this is something that has been answered somewhere.

I have students attempting to edit a WIKI but when they select the WIKI editing button HTML code appears on the editing screen rather than the text for editing. They are both using IE 6 and the version of the WIKI is 2006092602. I have no problem editing and am using Firefox.

I know this may be a setting problem since I have 26 students and only two are haing this issue....soes anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Linda Eckert

Re: Student Problem Editing WIKI - Code instead of editing screen

by Whitney Lowe -
Linda:

I am having a similar problem with a student right now. In addition to the code on the screen the editing toolbar is not visible. Is that the same in your situation? Some other people were working on a solution for us, but I have not heard back from them yet.

Whitney
In reply to Whitney Lowe

by Linda Eckert -
I believe that is correct...it has to be a setting in IE or something equally as simple i would think as everyone else is having no problems...

Thanks for replying...
In reply to Linda Eckert

by Jeremy Ryman -
Check your profile page and make sure that you have "Use HTML editor" chosen for your "When editing text:" option. This should bring back the easy format tools.
In reply to Jeremy Ryman

by Linda Eckert -
That worked...thank you!