new "Upload/Select Files" screen fails with Safari

new "Upload/Select Files" screen fails with Safari

by Siegwart Mayr -
Number of replies: 4

We upgraded to 1.2 successfully.  We tested everything and it works fine on the server side.  However, yesterday, one of our teacher who uses Safari on his Mac was frustrated because he could not select uploaded files when creating a Resource (uploaded file).

After uploading a file, he selects it using the "Choose" link.  This normally should dismiss the dialog box and put the filename on the uploaded file resource.  However, it does not dismiss the dialog box, and the filename never gets added.  The dialog box never closes.

This feature works fine in the IE browser.

Any ideas how to fix this problem? 

Attachment scr-resourceupload.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Siegwart Mayr

Re: new "Upload/Select Files" screen fails with Safari

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Is there a log anywhere where javascript errors might be found?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Under MacOS X, is possible to activate the hidden "debug" menu, typing (in Terminal):

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1
(don't forget to restart Safari)

Them you can activate "Log JavaScript Exception" under the "Debug" menu.

To see that log, open the Console (/Applications/Utilities/Console) and every error will be logged there.

Anyway, I think that Siegwart's problem has been solved (1.2.1) and it works perfectly in my Safari. See this bug if you want more info.

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Siegwart Mayr -

Oh, thanks!  I upgraded to 1.2.1 this morning, and voilà!  It works!

Martin, Eloy, et al., you guys not only make this system extremely attractive by providing good timely support, but you also make me look good in front of the teachers here.   smile