Different people in different weeks?

Different people in different weeks?

door John McDermott -
Aantal antwoorden: 4
Consider:
A, B, and C start a course on 1 march, getting a new lesson each week. D starts on 16 march. D needs to see lesson 1 while A, B and C see lesson 3. After x weeks a student is "done". Students cannot see future lessons, but can see past ones.

I want the course to be available "forever" with students starting when they want to and finishing after x weeks.

I've searched this site but did not find out how to do this. I'd hate to have to create a metacourse for each student... What should I do?

Thsnks,
john
Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op John McDermott

Re: Different people in different weeks?

door Joan Codina Filba -
The idea is nice,
all the dates in a course should be relative to:
  • student enrollment data, or
  • relative to course start data.
This would simplify much of the problems we have now moving start time of a course. Just indicate relative to student or course in course settings.
Some teacher interfaces need also to be rethought as the end date should
be shown in a per student basis.

I vote for this!!
Als antwoord op Joan Codina Filba

door Peter Lindop -

This is exactly the kind of format that I am looking for.  I would like to enable students to enrol at any time for a three month course.  They need to progress at a certain rate, but will all be at different stages relative to when they enrolled.

Can anyone advise what would be involved in developing this?

Peter

Als antwoord op John McDermott

door Bina Omar -
I'm also eager for a solution like this. This feature would make Moodle perfect for my course.

If anyone can suggest a solution. Even if it means to hack a bit into the code, I'd be interested.

Regards,
Bina.