Huh? Where did it go?

Huh? Where did it go?

by Art Lader -
Number of replies: 5
I could swear that I used to be able to manage the automated backup of our site by going to http://ahshornets.moodle.com/admin/configure.php and clicking on the "backup" link. But it's not there any more (version 1.2).

Or am I confused?

Attachment no_backup.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Art Lader

Re: Huh? Where did it go?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Art,

your site admin can configure $CFG->disablescheduledbackups = true; in config.php to avoid scheduled backups being configured/executed in your site.

Ask your admin... big grin

Ciao smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
..this is exactly what has happened in this case.  

All moodle.com sites will all have this disabled, since I already do complete backups once a day. 

No need to create unnecessary work for the servers.   smile
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Art Lader -
So I really, truly do not have to keep putting backups on CD Roms?

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle.com has a daily, weekly and monthly backup of your site on the same machine.  All of these replicated TWICE on a separate backup machine (yesterday's and today's versions).  So at any one time I have about 9 backups of your whole site (including mail, scripts, files, moodle etc).

Is that safe enough for you?  wink