Hello my name is Nicole, and I am in the process of learning PHP. I would love to at one point help you all add onto and further develop Moodle. But for now I want to just throw out some ideas in case anyone was interested. So here are some cool ideas in a list that I picked up from a place called Universal Class, you can see the site here: http://www.universalclass.com, here are my ideas (I know there is a lot of ideas but that's all they are is ideas so if you want to disregard all or most of them that is fine, I just wanted to put in my input incase it would be helpful in anyway):
- Organize the gradebook and assignment grader so that when you go to the gradebook page and click on a students name you can see their individual submitted assignments and tests, like their individual progress report.
- Another thing neat that could be done with the gradebook would be the ability to enter in a value for the grades on the page. That way if a student sends an assignment into you, you have the ability to just go into the gradebook page and enter the grade instead of have to go to that assignment look through the list of students and then enter the grade.
- Instead of having drop down boxes for the grades you could have a blank field where we can enter the actual grade giving the possibility of extra credit. Kinda like _____/_____.
- Also on the main gradebook page maybe simplify it down to three columns, a student name column, a points earned out of total points column, and then a percentage column. Then at the top have a dropdown menu that will allow you to see the entire gradebook in more detail.
- Have a class roster page that lists all of the students with checkboxes by their names. And then have an email field to the right. This way you can send an email to any of the students who's names that you check.
- It would be kinda cool to have a course evaluation form that grades content, and the instructor. Then tally up the results like a normal review Php script and perhaps display the option to view the course review on the course information popup.
- Another cool thing to do would be that when a student clicks on the course title it takes them to that courses general description and information page instead of just the would you like to enroll page. This way teachers with course passwords can give instructions to students who are looking for a way to get the password (Like send in an essay with such and such information.)
- For the assignments it would be kinda cool to have a little area or option for the student to either upload the assignment or type it in a field on the page.
- For the assignment feedback it would be nifty to have something that displays the assignment then gives the place for you to submit a grade at the bottom and then perhaps a form for you to just email them their feedback at the bottom of this page.
- Something else that would be cool would be some type of certificate management system.
- Something else that would be neat but not necessary would be to add the ability in the Topics format that a student must complete everything in one topic before they are able to view the next topic. This way it is easier to prevent students from moving onto lessons that they are not yet meant to be on.
- One cool feature would be the ability to have email rules. This would make it swifter and easier for teachers to make students feel like they are being checked up one. This means having a field where the instructor can write a general message and then select how many days after a student has been enrolled that it will send this message. This will also allow for classes to have welcome messages
- Have a special teacher page where all the teachers are listed.
- Perhaps teachers could upload a resume or fill one out and post it for others to see so that students know what the qualifications are of this person that will be teaching them.
- Make an option so that the teacher can change the grade on the Quiz module without having to fix the answers on the quiz itself.
- Perhaps have a Essay question option on the quiz module so that all the other questions are automatically graded, but the teacher has to go in and grade the essay questions.
Well that is all the ideas I have, and I know that there is a lot, but as I said once I become more comfortable with PHP I would absolutely love to help you all, I love that moodle is free and I love what it has done for me and my site I want to help in any way that I can
Thank You for Your Time,