Flash Cards using the Glossary Database

Flash Cards using the Glossary Database

by john mcgarvey -
Number of replies: 2
I am interested in a flash cards module that will take the data from the glossary and enable the students to quiz themselves on that information. I wouldn't think it would be to hard to create a php interface to this information. What do you think?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to john mcgarvey

Re: Flash Cards using the Glossary Database

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear John Mcgarvey,

Using the Glossary module is certainly one way to do it, but did you know that the Lesson Module has a flash card test ability, specially designed to test glossary type information?

I agree that ideally the data in the glossary should ideally be maximised in this way. 

Export files from the glossary might be imported to the lesson module, or the test module, or both, possibly using the GIFT format (perhaps that is not necessary).

So getting the modules to speak to each other more, rather than extending the glossary itself in that direction seems more Zen.

Please try the lesson modules flashcard fucntionality. There are two types of Flashcard setting. Please let Ray know on the Lesson Module forum, which (or both) is the better type. I confess I have not tried it yet. Sorry Ray!

today...today...he says.

Tim
takemoto

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

Re: Flash Cards using the Glossary Database

by john mcgarvey -
Tim, Thanks for the tip. I will explore the lesson module and see if it will work.