Delete closed dialogue issue

Delete closed dialogue issue

by Tim Allen -
Number of replies: 3

I have just started to use this module for the first time on  my production site.  I think it fills an important role not catered for elsewhere.

I was delighted that a student asked me for help through this medium.  I answered his request and then closed the dialogue.  The setting was was for the closed dialogues to be deleted after "0" days, which the pop-up help file said meant it would never be deleted.

However, when I logged in the next day, the dialogue had disappeared, suggesting that this zero setting doesn't avoid deletion as claimed.  In fact, it was deleted within 24 hours!

So of course I will change the setting to 365 days, but that means an archived course that is still online will be changed after that time.  I would still like a "never delete" functionality.

Any ideas about this issue?  Is it just me or have others experienced this?  What is the cause - a bug or something else?  Any feedback or suggestions will be gratefully received!  smile

Tim.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Allen

Re: Delete closed dialogue issue

by Ray Kingdon -
That sounds like a bug. I need to look at the Dialogue module, I'll check that out later this week.
In reply to Ray Kingdon

by Ray Kingdon -
I did have a look at this and set up a test which worked fine. If you find when this happens reporting a bug at moodle.org/bugs would be most helpful smile.
In reply to Tim Allen

by Rene MM -

Hello Tim,

I've the same problem. The dialogues "Closed" are erased when i've 0 in duration. Have you find the problem?, i use the 1.4 version.

Bye,