Assignment Module bug?

Assignment Module bug?

by Lukasz Czyzewski -
Number of replies: 2
Hello to everyone!

Today I've downloaded and installed Moodle 1.6.3+ and I think there's a bug. I tried to implement "Advanced upload of files" and I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function require_capability() in F:\www\moodleug\app\mod\assignment\type\upload\assignment.class.php on line 19

Can anyone help?

Best Regards!
Lukasz Czyzewski.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lukasz Czyzewski

Re: Assignment Module bug?

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I do not believe that Advanced upload of files (/mod/assignment/type/upload) is one of the assignment types for Moodle 1.6.3+. It was introduced in 1.7. I do have a modified version that is functional (but not perfect) working on my production server which is running 1.6.3+. The require_capability() function is related to roles which is part of Moodle 1.7. If you are not ready to upgrade to 1.7, then I would suggest that you use one of the uploaded patches for this assignment type. Let me know if you have questions or trouble finding the patch. I have posted the code I am using on my production server at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=57603
In reply to Anthony Borrow

Re: Assignment Module bug?

by Lukasz Czyzewski -
Thanks for the answer!

You were right, of course! Yesterday late at night I realized what happened: I’ve been testing moodle 1.7 and decided to go back to 1.6.3, so I restored my old database, but instead of deleting application files I over copied the latest 1.6.3 edition… ;)

However, several users of my site have been asking me about possibility for students to upload more than one file in assignment module. So your information on Assignment patch for 1.6.3 is very helpful!

As far as moodle 1.7 is concern I kind of “don’t feel” the roles implemented there… So I probably wait a while until things get clearer for me.

Best regards,
Lukasz Czyzewski.
http://pe.univ.gda.pl