Please AVOID modifications to the database of the wiki module!

Please AVOID modifications to the database of the wiki module!

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 2
Hi there
We (dfwikiteam) have been some weeks working on the ewiki-> nwiki migration again... This issue was solved las spring with the Wiki Arena, and nwiki installed smoothly over ewiki migrating all the contents without problems.ojo amoratado
We have find out that last months the ewiki module is evolving and the database changing so the possible migration cases grow. muerto
Please FREEZE the ewiki database.
Regards
Ludo
ps. An analysis of the evolution of the database is here, the text is ins spanish but the code is universal. http://pablo-pfc.blogspot.com/2006/11/analisis-de-versiones-ewiki-16.html
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Please AVOID modifications to the database of the wiki module!

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I added the locks table in 1.7, which I think you knew about since it was discussed in here! That table only stores temporary data and doesn't need migrating.

If I remember rightly, I had to make a couple of Postgres-specific changes to field types (because they were, uh, wrong and the wiki didn't work in Postgres). I believe they were different between the old create sql and the new install xml anyhow...

Apart from that I don't think I changed anything. I'm not working on the wiki now, all this was some time ago.

--sam
In reply to sam marshall

Re: Please AVOID modifications to the database of the wiki module!

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Sam,
its ok, I kwnew you where on it and it was necessary to keep wiki working.
But please on further development avoid adding tables or fields cause it will fry the migration engine... again sad
Thanks
Ludo