problems installing nwiki

problems installing nwiki

by Xavi C -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everybody !!

I've installed moodle 1.7 and I want to install the nwiki, so I downloaded the wiki_rev2006101001 zip. I tried to install it, but I think I did something wrong becuase it doesn't work fine.

Here are the steps I followed:

1 - I went to Administration > Modules > Activities > delete wiki

2 - Then, I went to my hard-drive and deleted folder "wiki" in "mod"

3-  I "unziped" the wiki_rev2006101001 zip into the main folder of the project, and said "Yes" to overwrite all the files already exists.

4- Then I went to my localhost/project/admin where a few of sql sentences are executed, and finally, a message of "everythnig's gone Ok" is shown.

5- Finally, I go to my course and I try to add a new wiki activity inside the course but, something goes wrong because, the next and last thing I can see is "Adding a new wiki", but that's all. Nothing else appears and there's no wiki activity in the course.

Any idea ??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Xavi C

Re: problems installing nwiki

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Xavi,
as I just posted in another thread:
due to some changes in latest releases of ewiki with moodle 1.6 the migration to new wiki ( the current version ewiki-killer of dfwiki) is having some technical difficulties. In the next days we are releasing a version that fixes this problem.
However if you remove the wiki module and its tables, new wiki will install smoothly.
You can try it at our server and see all teh documentation that we are setting up.

Anyway nwiki does not work still for 1.7. We are working in security issues reported by our klingon security officer and when we're done we will get in the 1.7 specifics.
Just wait a few weeks please.
Ludo