Webware in Moodle? What's the roadmap for moodle 2.1+?

Webware in Moodle? What's the roadmap for moodle 2.1+?

by João Fernandes -
Number of replies: 0
As we now have wikis, blogs in an educational context in Moodle, anyone knows about new activity tools coming in versions ahead? I was reading Moodle Roadmap and some feature requests (tracker) and was thinking, what are the developers view on new activities in Moodle? Are you planning on doing it after Moodle 2.1? Or letting google, zoho, microsoft and others do it and then integrate it into Moodle?

I was wondering what could I use in Moodle to improve learning in online science related courses, and what came to me was the possibility to use simple online software to collaborate in basic learning tasks in a Moodle context. Lets talk about improving skills in maths and science for example. Building basic activities that allow users to create and collaborate in a simple spreadsheet inside Moodle, build a concept map in a collaborative way, draw a simple chemical reaction or a simple ecossystem, well, create in general, and peer review it, peer assess it, remix it, publish it, discuss it, couldn't it improve learning in my courses?

One possibility is outsourcing and proper integration, allowing peer assessment, grading in general, commenting, remix, discuss, etc.. of webware out there. Other is build new basic learning tools inside Moodle.

In a project so complex like Moodle is, there is probably the need to stick on a line of development due to resources constraints, and maybe there was the need to focus on Learning "Management" System than on these "Creativity tools". Moodle isn't a operative system with software after all. (Maybe what I expect of it is a bit megaloman, and I'm probably addicted to Moodle big grin).

Maybe anyone in the community can help me. Are you planning on this? What's the next step after the 2.1 version? Will there be new activities (spreadsheets, drawing, video editing) at a very basic level at least?

wink
J

PS - a link that shows some tools I'm talking about - http://www.go2web20.net/
Average of ratings: -