Moodle and Jenzabar

Moodle and Jenzabar

by Troy D. Peters -
Number of replies: 15
My college uses Jenzabar as our student information system. Can Moodle and Jenzabar be integrated?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Troy D. Peters

Re: Moodle and Jenzabar

by Phillip Sandstrom -
I know Moodle works with PowerCampus from SUNGARD - not sure about Jenzabar.
I'm thinking that it shouldn't be a problem - but you'd have to do the integration yourself as I don't believe Jenzabar has built any course management integration to third parties.
Have you looked at using the JICS portal from Jenzabar for course management?
Phil

parametergroup@netscape.net
In reply to Phillip Sandstrom

by Troy D. Peters -
Thanks for the info!
Actually, we are currently using the course management inside JICS. It has several issues that prohibits if from being a good solution for courses taught entirely online. For a web-based supplement to a face-to-face class it may be fine.

Troy

by Paul Pennington -

Troy,

We use Jenzabar EX for course and student management. Our IT folks have created a system working that integrates our Jenzabar course, student, and faculty records with Moodle.

When a flag is set for a particular course (User-Defined field in Jenzabar), a scheduled script creates a list of those courses. Faculty and students enrolled in those courses are also put into a temporary table with current enrollments. Every 2 hours, the Moodle server script polls the Jenzabar course and enrollment tables for updates. New courses are added, current faculty and students are enrolled, and dropped students are removed.

Paul Pennington

Cincinnati Christian University

In reply to Paul Pennington

by Randy Ginther -
Hey there I am WebCT admin at CASC in Poteau, OK. I just installed moodle, because out President really likes the idea of free. Is there any way i could get in touch with your it people to talk about the integration? We use Jenzabar EX as our admin software and if we could integrate those it would be great.

Thanks,
Randy Ginther
rginther@carlalbert.edu
Carl Albert State College
Poteau, OK.
In reply to Paul Pennington

by Michael Hemenway -
Paul,

Our school is just beginning to pursue integrating EX and Moodle. Is there any way you would be willing to share your setup with us? I would love to see the scripts you are using to automate the integration. Thanks for considering it.

Michael Hemenway

Iliff School of Theology
In reply to Michael Hemenway

by Paul Pennington -

Randy,

We are working on some updates to the scripts this month. Just moved to 1.9 and moving to Jenzabar EX 2.8. Email me separately at paul.pennington@ccuniversity.edu and I'll be glad to get you the scripts either as they exist or when we edit.

Currently they add students but don't remove them again. That functionality will be included this summer.

Paul Pennington

by Clinton Graham -
Asbury Seminary is in our second term of piloting Moodle for our Virtual Campus environment. We use a Jenzabar CX backend, and have integrated the two by:
  • Exporting login information from CX to ActiveDirectory and setting up Moodle's auth/ldap.
  • Setting up a view in CX for enrollments and enabling Moodle's enrol/database.
  • Setting up another view in CX for courses and coding a course/metacourse syncronization script.
I can send you details if one or more of those elements would be helpful.

by Alan Zaitchik -
Troy,
Jenzabar does indeed have an integration solution for the JICS portal and Moodle, to be announced next week at the annual “JAM” (Jenzabar Associates Meeting). The integration includes seamless login from JICS to Moodle with real-time authentication and enrollment checking against the JICS LDAP (ADAM) and M/S SQLServer database, various JICS-based administrative tools (portlets) including on-demand as well as scheduled batch upload tools (for student, courses, enrollment data). For more information feel free to contact either me (alan.zaitchik@jenzabar.net) or Rick Tomlinson (rick.tomlinson@jenzabar.net).
Yours,
Alan

(Edited by Helen Foster to remove MS Word formatting - original submission Tuesday, 26 May 2009, 02:34 AM)

In reply to Alan Zaitchik

by Swagata Paul -
Is Jenzabar free lik moodle. From where it can be downloaded.
In reply to Swagata Paul

by Alan Zaitchik -
Jenzabar (http://www.jenzabar.net) is a commercial company that provides a full suite of software products geared to higher education, from ERP systems to learning platforms. The products are not open source or for free, like Moodle, although changes made to Moodle to support integration with the Jenzabar portal (called "JICS") are covered by the GPL and are thus available for free to the open source community.
Alan

by Jacob Garbe -
We have a client that is currently using Jenzabar, and also Moodle. Can you tell me which Jenzabar systems the integration is for? I assume this is for the JICS?

Also, has Jenzabar made any inroads on Drupal integration? Do you have an API that a developer could look at to code some integration modules, or is it all proprietary?

Thanks!

by A. T. Wyatt -
We too are awaiting more information about this integration. We use a Jenzabar product for our SIS (only I can't recall the exact name, as I am an end user only.) Please post more information when the plugin is available.

Thanks,
atw

by Kim Dhority -

Is there any more information out about this topic.  We use Jenzabar has our enrollment, grades etc. piece and would like to keep Moodle as our LMS.