Cannot Add Resources, Page Cannot Be Displayed Error.

Cannot Add Resources, Page Cannot Be Displayed Error.

by Chris Jackman -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, we have recently been having problems with moodle on our college server, everything was working fine then errors started to happen with the "Display a directory" option on any page. When adding all the details for the directory and going to add it went to "Page cannot be displayed" error with no details on why it came.

I narrowed it down to a problem with the "Courses/mod.php" file, on line 138 this command is entered:

"$return = $addinstancefunction($mod);"

This vairable when set is set as null.

If i seperated the two vairables each have a value.

The next part of the mod.php file checks to see if that vairable is null or not, if its null it goes to open "moderr.html" if it exists, however this file does not exist in and mod directory.

If i run the same thing on our test server the resource is added no problems, there are no changes in the settings between the servers.

Has anyone else had this error and do you need any more information.

Server:

Windows 2003

MySQL 5

IIS 6

Not sure on php version.

Thanks alot

Chris Jackman

Wigan And Leigh College.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Jackman

Re: Cannot Add Resources, Page Cannot Be Displayed Error.

by Chris Jackman -
I have fixed the error, the fields: "Alltext", "Popup" and "Options" need the default setting to "Null" in the table "Resource".

There was no error displayed by the system and it carried on to a part which required the fields entered into the database, this fixed the error and allow the insert to be completed.

In reply to Chris Jackman

by Martin Koops -

Thanks for the efoort! I am very grateful for your interest in this problem smile

Can I do this trick also as admin? or do I have to have Moodle upgraded?

Regards,

Martijn

In reply to Martin Koops

by Chris Jackman -
I did the changes to the Database itself, i did not use Moodle to fix this, we are already running 1.6.3 and it was this version which was giving us the problem.

Using PHPMyAdmin i checked the table and made the changes. You can use whatever tool you want to fix the problem.

If you want any more help feel free to ask.