I'm running Moodle 1.7 with daily cvs updates ().
I need to add some custom fields for user data. I'm sure I've seen this topic discussed, but where? The way I see it I have the following choices:
- reuse the 'extra' fields in mdl_user (yahoo, skype etc), and hack the language file.
- create my own table which links to mdl_user, add as many fields as I want, customize any page that I need the data to show on (basically any view/edit page I guess).
- Add fields to mdl_user. This seems less desirable than #2 to me.
- what about mdl_user_info_fields and mdl_user_info_data? those tables sound like they were made exactly for what I want to do...but they seem to be orphans in moodle and there's not a bit of documentation here or in tracker, or on the web as far as I can tell.
- Other options I haven't considered?
that way there be monsters.
Thanks for any light you can shed!