How do I unhide the Admin block

How do I unhide the Admin block

by Jack Hughes -
Number of replies: 5

I was logged in as the Administrator and I chose to hide the admin block. Now when I log in there is no way to access admin functions such as Configuration.

What I really wanted to do was hide the admin block from teachers only...not me!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Hughes

Re: How do I unhide the Admin block

by Scott Elliott -
Jack,

You should be able to click the "Turn editing on" button and then see only the title bar of the Administration block.

On the administration block you should see a closed eye.  If you click that it will toggle the administration block back to visible.

Hope this helps!

Scott
In reply to Scott Elliott

Re: Found a solution to: How do I unhide the Admin block

by Jack Hughes -

Scott: Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the administration block title bar is not visible, even with editing turned on.

However, I did find a solution. Logged in as the administrator and with editing turned on, I clicked on one of the courses listed. This took me to the courses pages and the navigation menu in the upper left corner now listed Administraton as one of the links. I was able to click that link and thus arrived at the administration page (admin/index.php)

Jack

In reply to Jack Hughes

by Scott Elliott -
Jack,

OK, it sounds like the block isn't hidden, it's just not part of the page.  When you turn the editing on in a course (or on the site page), you should see a drop-down-list box that appears as part of the Blocks block.  Administration should appear as one of the items in the drop-down-list box.  If you select it, the administration block should re-appear.

Does that work?

Scott

In reply to Scott Elliott

by Pavala Kumar Balasubramanian -

Hi,

I am experiencing same problem in moodle 2.0 . I am able to activate "turn editing on" but i could neither get administration block as a link in navigation menu nor get it in the add a block drop down list. Wat do i do?

In reply to Pavala Kumar Balasubramanian

by Alberto Juliao -

what if you guys activate debugging mode from the Server option?

/admin/settings.php?section=debugging

and check if there's any warning on the frontpage or admin site block.

Also check that short_open_tags is enabled on your web server, you can check php.ini or php.info() . I remember that on my production server was turned off and I had errors because the syntaxs "<?" and "<?=" were not recognized I think. Another reason could be, the current theme or some modification made on the main "index.php" I'm not sure about it.