Online Users - not refreshing

Online Users - not refreshing

by Michael Tudor -
Number of replies: 0

I have recently set up our new moodle server at work, we are running version 1.6.1 and it's going fairly well so far. We only have a small group of students using it at this stage until we go live with the whole school.

Anyway my problem is that the server is not updating or refreshing the online users block, it's saying that the user logged on several days or weeks ago. I'm fairly certian that these users are not currently logged on as one of the staff memebers account is still showing up when he stopped working for us a few weeks ago.

Some accounts seem to bre released correctly as some appear when in use then disapear once the user logs off. My theory is that the accounts are either not logged off correctly or the database may be currupted in some way, unfortunately I'm not sure how to purge the log on time from the mysql database to resolve this (if that is indeed the problem)

Any suggestions?

*EDIT*

Well I just done a little more digging and I have another option of what could be causing this, when we first started using moodle the first test server had some 'issues' with the clock and the time and date kept changing, since I moved the database to the new server this hasnt been an issue so I forgot about it, but after checking the log file it appears that these users have logged into moodle in Novemeber or October of this year, seeing as it's only Septemeber this obviously cant be correct so it must have been caused by the clock changing the time. So I think if I can clear these records this should do the job, I just dont know how to clear them, of course I could just wait until Novemeber and once the date goes past the incorrect entries I imagine the problem will disapear, of course I'd rather not wait that long...

Average of ratings: -