Cannot delete course-instances which use the assignment modul

Cannot delete course-instances which use the assignment modul

by Miro Goepel -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,

I cross-posted this problem in the General Problems forum, but without getting any reply:

[quote]
Hello,

I got a problem with some of my courses, which can't be deleted. I'm an administrator at my moodle site.

When I try to delete the courses the following message shows up:

Warning: assignment_delete_instance(/moodle/mod/assignment/type/uploadreview/assignment.class.php) [function.assignment-delete-instance]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /moodle/mod/assignment/lib.php on line 1620

The courses are actually all the same. Our mdl_log table got corrupted one day and during the few hours it took to realize and fix the problem, a backup of one course was created - using the corrupt table. Although it was not working, the backup routine exited with "backup successfully created". When the user tried to restore his course, using the corrupted backup, a course instance was created, but with only few information and great data loss.
In total 9 course instances were created, using the corrupted backup. None of them is deleteable and every single one comes up with the described error message.

Any ideas?[/quote]

Know I know which part of the "corrupted" courses leads to the error message. When I try to delete a single assignment activity out of one of the courses, I get this error. All other acivities/blocks can be deleted without a problem.

Does someone have a good idea how I could get rid of these courses?
Average of ratings: -