Fixed width and center

Fixed width and center

by Eric Bishop -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am trying to edit a theme to make it a fixed width (either 800px or a little less) and centered on the page, kind of how the yahoo site is laid out. I am using the formal white theme. Can anyone tell me how this is accomplished. I found out how to change the logo, but need help with the layout questions above.

Thanks,

Eric

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Bishop

Re: Fixed width and center

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Eric,
You might want to look at the following fixed width themes available from the Themes database : Imagine and my own OrangeChoc. The nice Kubrick theme is unfortunately not available on the Themes database, but if you do a forum search for Kubrick you'll find it.
Please note that it seems reasonable for fixed-with themes of about 800px width to display blocks only on one side (left or right), not both sides of the central Topics section.
All the best,
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Eric Bishop -

Joseph,

I tried orange chocolate a couple of months ago and there were a bunch of missing/broken images...has this been fixed?

Eric

In reply to Eric Bishop

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Eric,
If you are talking about the icons in the blocks, they are not "missing/broken" but have been removed on purpose, for a sleeker interface. If you wish to use orangechoc and want to display those icons, you can just remove the css style as shown in attached screen shot.

#right-column .sideblock .c0 {
  display:none;
}

Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg