formal white theme, header colour

formal white theme, header colour

by andrew dwyer -
Number of replies: 8

hi,

am playing around with logos to place on our moodle site - does anyone know the hex code or RGB code for the colour in the header of the formal white theme?

any responses much appreciated

andrew dwyer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to andrew dwyer

Re: formal white theme, header colour

by Greg Lyon -
Here is a free tool I've found to be invaluable for working with color...

http://www.etrusoft.com/color-picker/

It gives both the RGB and the #rrggbb values of anything on your screen!
In reply to Greg Lyon

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the link... Unfortunately it does not seem to work. On the color picker home, when I click on the Download Free Version of Quick HTML Color Picker link, it sends me to the other (non-free) tools download page, but Color picker itself is nowhere to be seen.

For picking color from the screen I use and strongly recommend the "colorbox" freeware at http://pourpre.com/colorbox/indexen.php

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Greg Lyon -
Sorry about the bum link...

Here it is at download.com.  It really is lightweight and nice, standalone exe.

http://www.download.com/Quick-HTML-Color-Picker/3000-2192_4-10407205.html?tag=lst-0-1

If my new link is bad, search download.com for Quick HTML Color Picker.

I'll have a look at your recommended app Joseph.  Always interested in another tool.
In reply to Greg Lyon

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Greg,
Your new link is OK. Color Picker is a neat little tool. My suggested ColorBox tool is about the same, but more complete.
Joseph

by Greg Lyon -
Your suggested tool is definitely more complete Joseph, If I could but figure out one detail...how do you 'select' a color with it?  So far I have to write down the color setting once I'm hovered over the color I want...
In reply to Greg Lyon

by Joseph Rézeau -
Click on the Eyedropper tool, move to anywhere on the screen to the color you want to capture and click. The color's values are retained in the various boxes, according to your choice of color systems. (French version shown in screen shot below).
Attachment image00.jpg

by Greg Lyon -
Heh heh, thanks Joseph.  I was confused by the fact that the La boite a couleurs window looses focus when you click...and didn't notice that it had, in fact, registered the color when I returned to the dialog box.

Thanks!