New Lesson Module

New Lesson Module

by Graham Stone -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Testers

Hi all,

I've just been having a brief look at the new lesson section of Moodle.  from what i've seen so far I think it's really good and will be really useful in schools and other educational institutes.   approve 

I just have one question though, is this available or is it still in development, and also what version of Moodle will it be in ?  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Stone

Re: New Lesson Module

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's in Moodle CVS, it's being tested and polished.  I don't think it will be in Moodle 1.2 beta, but it might be in Moodle 1.2 release.  It certainly seems to work pretty well.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
I don't think it will be in Moodle 1.2 beta, but it might be in Moodle 1.2 release

Why not include it in the beta, then?mixed If you're willing to include it in 1.2 finalapprove, surely it would help if beta testers could bang on it as heavily as possible? From what I've seen so far, the module's definitely worth it. cool
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I will if people bang hard on it within the next couple of days!

I've checked in a bunch of polishing today already. What do you think of the icon and new logs, Ray?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ray Kingdon -
Yes, excellent.

Would it be useful to have an "include" statement in one of the text filters (not sure which one thoughtful). This would allow content from a resource file to be included in a page of a lesson. The format could possibly be

<include file="name" />

where name is a filename of one of the course's files. Given a DMS it would be nice to include files from there as well.

I don't think this is a replacement to having the content in-line, just a useful alternative.

In reply to Ray Kingdon

by Martin Dougiamas -
<include file="name" />

This would actually be trivial to implement with a new filter. Just a few lines really, plus some error checking to make sure the files are sane.  It would cache nicely too.

The only other thing to be done would be to add <include> as an approved tag.