NWiki installs and works if I don't have DFWiki installed

NWiki installs and works if I don't have DFWiki installed

από Mark Penny -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 2

Just tried an experiment in my test installation. Uninstalled DFWiki and NWiki. Installed NWiki. Still no continue button on wiki mod, but no blank files, either. Inserted a Wiki in a course. Edited a page. Edited a discussion. Everything worked.

Conclusion. There's some sort of conflict between NWiki and DFWiki, in my installations, anyway.

Problem. I have to convert some important work in DFWiki to NWiki, but to install NWiki properly, I seem to need to uninstall DFWiki. Can I convert under these circumstances?

Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Mark Penny

Second Success

από Mark Penny -
Tried the same trick with a copy of my production installation (and a copy of the production database). Deleted DFWiki. Deleted NWiki tables. Visited Admin. Even got a continue button!

I have reinstalled DFWiki, too. The order matters. NWiki first, DFWiki second.

The problem with that is, when you delete DFWiki, you lose all instances of the module. It then becomes impossible (as far as I can tell so far) to convert any DFWikis, even if you reinsert the tables for DFWiki.

Heck, I even tried copying all the DFWiki records into NWiki tables. The copying worked, but without an instance in a course, they're no use.

I'm going to try fooling with mdl_course and mdl_course_section. I'll delete them in the copy installation and import or copy them from the production installation. I'm not convinced it will work, but it's worth a quick try. Can't hurt.

Maybe I'll just rename, add a "1" to the name of each table. That way I can always backtrack.