Why won't DFWiki work in 1.6?

Why won't DFWiki work in 1.6?

by Mark Penny -
Number of replies: 3
Just out of curiosity, why is it that DFWiki won't work in Moodle 1.6? From a cosmetic perspective, it installs wonderfully (unlike the dratted New Wiki, which is supposed to be designed for 1.6). Why won't it save edits?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Penny

Re: Why won't DFWiki work in 1.6?

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
DFwiki was designed for 1.5 since the very first day, we embarked on the task of making a new wiki module to replace old wiki module. So we had to port dfwiki into a nerw module name and deal with lots of issues related to the transition.
To fit all current wiki features, to suport changes in moodle core since 1.6 (and oh! my 1.7!!!) and specially all the migration process so nobody looses data.
Its a Huge enterprise. Las may we stoped developing new features for dfwiki for 1.5 ( for example rigth now new wiki supports grades and neither wiki nor dfwiki does) and only fix bugs. We never tested dfwiki with 1.6 cause we assume that all dfwiki users when upgrading to 1,.6 will come to new wiki.
The next months (as I promised martin ) we will focus only in b ug fixing and getting  the most stable and secure wiki.
We, dfwikiteam, are using rigth now the Moodle Tracker, so you can use it to report bugs and make suggestions. Or you can post it here as well.
Regards
Ludo

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Kristin Darken -
I apologize if these questions has been answered before - but I have not seen it and I follow all wiki discussions:

1)  When dfwiki transitioned for release with 1.6 they renamed things in code to "wiki" instead of dfwiki.  This caused problems if you had ewikis that were not converted to dfwiki .... is this still the case? 

We have moved back to ewiki for the time being because of the robust support of groups and for ability for a student to easily add images (that are local on your machine) - when using the html editor ... which brings me to question 2  and 3 ...

2)  What is the plan for dfwiki fully supporting groups (and individual) for wikis?

3)  HTML editor support for uploading images by students (i.e. ewiki support for binary files)
In reply to Kristin Darken

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
2) I beliebe that new wiki (or nwiki as they call it latelly)  supports all groups  modes.
3) I'm creating an issue to fix this in the tracker.moodle.org  so  this will be on the dev queue.