Modifying posted assignments

Modifying posted assignments

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers
Hi!

We have a teacher here who wants to modify the pupil's file to show where the mistakes are. The problem we have is that after modifying this file, the teacher has no way to send this back to the pupil. This could be solved by adding an attachment to teacher's grading, but we don't know if this is a modification we could easily make to the code... Martin? Any suggestions?
    TIA,
       Pablo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pablo Etcheverry

Re: Modifying posted assignments

by Daniel Mikšík -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Translators
I was working on an extension to the original Assignment module along the lines you suggest (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3593). Enclosed see the latest version of the code (a new module should appear in the administration menu after copying the files into their place and visiting the yourmoodlesite/admin page). We started using it on our production installation of Moodle, so far it's working fine. When using this type of assignment, the teacher may allow students to see each others' submissions, and to submit a modified copy of a student's assignment into Moodle. It's not much (I'm not a big coder) but it meets our needs.
DM
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniel Mikšík

by Pablo Etcheverry -
It's an amazing module! It would be great if you included it among the optional modules, I think many could benefit from this. It could even replace the default assignment, since it just adds another feedback option, not modifying the default one...
Thanks a lot for your work!
Pablo

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Hi!
    I have a problem here, the e-assingnments are not backuped with the other objects. I'm having problems with the migration from one site to another... Did anyone find a solution to this?
    TIA,
       Pablo

by Jay Lloyd Neal -

This sounds exactly like what is needed for markup of grammar, citations, and writing style in submitted papers. Does your new module run on Moodle1.11 or does it require v1.2?

cheers,
Jay

In reply to Pablo Etcheverry

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I am eager to try this new version of the assignment module. If true, it will be wonderful for writing classes where we are constantly giving direct feedback on essays and paragraphs.