DFwiki roadmap

DFwiki roadmap

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 3
Hi there,
just talked with Martin about the future of dfwiki in moodle.
As we already know the new wiki still needs some testing and adustments ( and moodle coding rules compilance). Due to the inminent release of 1.7 new wiki will not be ready. sad However Martin agrees to include it for the 1.8 release planned for december. smile
In order to meet all requirements, we (dfwikiteam) will focus only in bug fixing and code tunning.dormido
I want to thank all of you that use and test and suffer dfwiki and new wiki issues. All bugs reported and commentaries are key for our success.
Ludo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: DFwiki roadmap

by Ger Tielemans -
All these releseases... why not less releases and skip 1.6.2, 1.7 and do a good 1.8 release in December?
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by N Hansen -
Some of us are already using it in 1.6 and if you skip later versions that will prevent us from upgrading to 1.7. Keep the releases please. It may not be 10D% Moodly but it still is great.

And as for 1.8 being released in December, I have a strong suspicion that we won't be seeing 1.7 until December, let alone 1.8. I figured out long ago Moodle release dates are wished for dates that have little connection with actual release date. The roles changes I think are actually very big changes and unless they get proper testing rushing out a 1.7 release at the end of September could result in serious security compromises in my opinion.
In reply to N Hansen

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thanks Nicole,
what I mean is that we will not develop new features untill Martin makes us oficial once an for all. But we will fix bugs and issues for all versions : dfwiki for 1.5 new wiki for 1.6 and eventually a new wiki for 1.7. I'm afraid it will be necessary to have a 1.7 version because of the new roles and the new database librarys.
There will be continuous releases of df and new wiki.
And if 1.7 delays, maybe we can put our foot on it wink
Cheers
Ludo