Forum posting as assignment

Forum posting as assignment

by Jim Proctor -
Number of replies: 0
I understand that Moodle's assignment and forum functionalities are separate, but perhaps it's worth reconsidering in the case where the student assignment consists of discussing a topic in the relevant forum, or where one wishes for the the student assignment products to constitute a shared resource accessed via the forum. This would minimally necessitate including a third option (e.g. "Forum posting") under assignment type when adding an assignment, asking the instructor to select or create the forum discussion, and providing a link to this discussion as part of the student assignment. This option would, I assume, allow standard assignment grading procedures to be extended to these forum postings, versus the existing rating method.

I'm suggesting the above as I routinely require forum discussions, and expect certain student assignment products to be shared rather than submitted to the instructor only. Would appreciate input of others on whether this functionality has already been considered, and how it may be of use.
Average of ratings: -