Math renders with mimetex, but not with teTeX

Math renders with mimetex, but not with teTeX

by Fred Senese -
Number of replies: 4
I have teTeX 3.0 and ImageMagick 6.1.6 installed under Solaris 2.8, and I'm using Moodle 1.6.1+.  My TeX displays OK with mimetex.sunos, but I need to render with teTeX.

I'm sure that I typed the paths to latex, dvips, and convert are correct. I am also sure that my teTeX and ImageMagick packages are working properly. The problem is just that Moodle will only use mimetex.

Has anyone gotten teTeX to work with moodle under SunOS?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fred Senese

Re: Math renders with mimetex, but not with teTeX

by Steve Singlet -
I have the same problem with my installation on linux (moodle 1.8 daily build 2007-04-26). I have paths set up correctly (tested by running the tetex installation on "regular" latex files), but moodle insists on using mimetex. I have set the paths in the tex filter settings. Any hints would be appreciated...
In reply to Steve Singlet

by Leonardo Lazarte -
Me too! boca aberta

I have a Moodle installation on CENTOS, with a working teTeX, and ImageMagick, I have set the paths in the tex filter configuration, but Moodle is still working with mimetex.linux. triste

Surely there should be somebody around who has solved this problem. Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo
In reply to Leonardo Lazarte

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I wrote the TeX filter back in the dim and distant past, but I didn't ever get around to extending the debugging sad

What version of Moodle are you using. When I get a minute I'll try and make it a bit better so at least it can tell you what's going on!
In reply to Howard Miller

by Leonardo Lazarte -
Thanks for your answersorriso. We are using Moodle 1.6.5+ (2006050550).

I tried to hack the path to latex, dvips and convert, in latex.php, but it did not work either triste

Thank for any hint as to what the problem might be!

Best regards,
Leonardo