How to change Moodle registration?

How to change Moodle registration?

by Ólafur Ólafsson -
Number of replies: 8

I have to change the registration information for my site, changed url, how can I do that?

Regards from the great land of the north

Olafur

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ólafur Ólafsson

Re: How to change Moodle registration?

by Don Schwartz -
See my pm to you
In reply to Don Schwartz

by Jari Ylitapio -
Hi Don,

I need to change my registration to, how is it done?

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Jari Ylitapio

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You can just register again and change the details.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jari Ylitapio -
That was to obvious for me to find out by myself...  smile

Thanks for the help
In reply to Jari Ylitapio

Re: How to change Moodle registration? WITHOUT DOUBLING

by Ger Tielemans -
Well, not the whole truth: if you change your webadress too, for example the name of your moodle directroy you get a new Moodle site: look for example at the Dutch websites: lots of doubles, half of them dead.. (And also some clear NOT MOODLE websites: who is doing the cleaning?)
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you update your registration from the same Moodle site, even if it's moved URL, then it's supposed to recognise the site and update the old record, fixing the URLs etc.

I just checked the code and discovered that this was in fact NOT working as described, due to a bug in the registration code. It's now fixed though! Yes

About the cleaning, use your voting powers on that page to vote them not cool and they'll drop off the the listing.
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Stephen Chua -

Hi. I registered my moodle site using the IP address.  Unfortunately, I had to change one digit from the IP address. 

I've searched the Admin page and couldn't find the Registration button.  Can you help me on that? 

Thanks.